Author Topic: Just a few highlights from 2014  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
Just a few highlights from 2014
« on: February 23, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »
Hi all! Been a long time since I've posted here, but just wanted to share a few of the pieces I was really excited about from last year.

This was a custom order I made just a few months ago for a lady I met at one of my shows.  She ordered it to go with a bracelet that she purchased from me that same day.  It's made from sterling silver, Dragondust (a faceted wire) sterling silver, and freshwater pearl 4 Winds chainmaille and woven-wire necklace.

I found myself having to make a new uber-expensive statement necklace last year after one of my other ones (shockingly) sold!  This is a sterling silver 4 Winds, modified Not Tao Cynosure and Not Tao Maelstrom Twisted knots, and micromaille Half Persian 3in1 necklace with a Citrine geode slice, Orange Chalcedony drops, and Hessonite garnets. It was inspired by the Victorian/Edwardian festoon style necklaces.

So I decided to have some more fun with my torch last year and got the courage up to try another setting for a faceted stone.  This is only my second time making a setting for a faceted stone, so I'm really happy about how it turned out. Victorian inspiration again, the necklace is made from sterling silver, Rose Quartz, and Cherry Quartz.  The setting is entirely hand-fabricated as is the chain.  The chain uses beaded links, Barrelweave segments, and smithed rings.  The long links were made by hammering the wire before coiling, cutting, soldering, and shaping the rings.  The pear-cut Rose Quartz is nearly 1 inch and is hand-set in a 6-prong basket setting.  Some granulation was used to make the rosette.

I couldn't remember if I posted this before or not, but I don't think I did. I made this bracelet and gifted it via The Artisan Group to the wardrobe stylist for the TV show Cedar Cove for them to consider using on the show.  And well,.............. they did!! It was worn by Barbara Niven on season 2 episode 7 (you can see it being worn here).

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few highlights from 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »
Wow you've been busy! Lovely work Shared:D

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »
Thank you! Ohhhh yes.  This isn't barely a fraction of what I made last year.  A gallery near the Ann Arbor area of Michigan contacted me to carry my jewelry so I had to make a whole pile of inventory just for them so as not to deplete my show stock (it was right at the beginning of show season).

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:18:07 PM »
Wow! Not only a lot of pieces but they are amazing! 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »
Sigh.  Your work is always so gorgeous.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
 :)