Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What are you doing today?
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on Today at 04:56:49 AM »
Well, looks like people here are still hanging on to their money after Hurricane Irma down here in Florida and are being careful how to spend it. Which I understand, I myself have damage and the deduct are high.  :(
Made the booth rent and plus, funds I did not have the day before, which is ok with me. Show was only 5 hours and that was not to bad. :)

Lost a few sale because I do not have an app on my phone for credit cards, guess what, I will have one for the next show on Nov 4th, which will be the last one for me for this year.   :P Something new to learn to do on the phone....arrrgh.... ::)  I hate that....I am so technically challenged.... :laugh:

Have a good day all, Monika
« Last post by Nárrína on October 21, 2017, 11:01:27 AM »
Best of luck at your show, Monika! Hope it goes well!

Well, for much of today I'm acting as my mom's graphic designer and web administrator. She has a show after Thanksgiving and I'm getting all her product labels made up and new products listed on her FB page with PayPal buttons so they can be ordered right through FB. This is going to take some time! (Though I think she has finally stopped making more soap, lotions, and lip balms/glosses so I might actually be able to get caught up now. Lol, she has a really bad case of the soap/etc. bug.)

(And four hours and 4 herbal infused lotions, 2 lip gloss wands, 4 lip gloss, and 4 lip balm labels later I'm finally finished! Or at least I am for today, still have her bath melts and sugar scrubs to go. Plus photographing them, lisiting them on FB, and making payment buttons. Oh boy......)
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on October 21, 2017, 02:03:56 AM »
Good luck with your show Monika!  Let us know how it goes.

Thank you Sandi, doing them alone at my age puts some strain on me now....we will see
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on October 20, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »
Good luck with your show Monika!  Let us know how it goes.
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on October 20, 2017, 05:18:16 PM »
Will have my first art and crafts show tomorrow for this year and another on Nov 4th. that will just about do it for me.
I don't many of those anymore, hoping to sell a lot for lower prices, items have been hanging around in the shop too long, in spite of promos, need to make room for new....
So if the show goes well, I will be losing a lot of money.....what a concept...eh.....

Hope everyone is well.....Monika
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on October 17, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
I'm with Larissa on this one.
« Last post by Nárrína on October 13, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
It's honestly not depressing, at least not to me.  It's freakin' anger-inducing.  I want to smack the crap out of these people for you.

Thanks :).  Your post made me smile and I need that right now.
« Last post by Larissa on October 13, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
It's honestly not depressing, at least not to me.  It's freakin' anger-inducing.  I want to smack the crap out of these people for you.
« Last post by Nárrína on October 12, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
*Sigh* It's more and more looking like a lawsuit is going to be necessary. Never once was I or my supervisor asked why we believe I'm being singled out or discriminated against. He, the assistant director, was only concerned about my ML's concerns and reports, and was fixated on asking about my physical limitations and my getting written proof from a doctor along with a painfully exact list of every single type of movement or manual task that might aggravate my condition. Without it, he said whatever she asks me to do, whether it's part of my job description or not, I have to do it or she can write me up. Basically, he said she has the right to do whatever she wants. It's so frustrating. Everyone else I work with knows this is wrong and know what she's trying to do, but no matter how may complaints are made about her he refuses to listen. I'm really at my wit's end here. It just hurts so much to see how little they care about the people they employ, only the bottom line.

(Sorry for the rather depressing posts! Just needed to share with someone before I just lose it!)
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on October 11, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »
Thanks! It really is. I've already told my supervisor that if I had to go to the Assistant Director one more time that I would be making known that, if the library does not put an end to this, that I will be pursing the matter in court. Now I didn't initiate this meeting, but I still intend to make things very plain. And if it does come down to that I won't be doing it quietly either. My family has every intention of taking this to the county newspaper and making it public knowledge. And, as I don't in the least bit trust my ML, I've asked my supervisor to be present for this meeting. I feel it would be much safer for me to have a witness present.

had been in a similar situation in my life , way back when, I know....you go girl....
Monika
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10