Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What are you doing today?
« Last post by MsMartyD on March 26, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
I  love  SHOWBOAT!   I  sang  Make Believe   for   my  first  voice  recital  when  I  was  14.
The  whole  show  is  beautiful.
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on March 25, 2017, 05:02:43 AM »
Beautiful pens Larissa,  :)

I am treating myself to a matinee at our Alhambra Dinner Theater at noon to the musical "Show Boat". I will chose Salmon and all that wonderful food that comes with it and know already I need a to go box. The most well known song from that musical "Old man river".
I am so looking forward to this, a nice break in my tumultuous life right now.....you all have a good weekend
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on March 24, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »
Those are beautiful, Larissa!
« Last post by Larissa on March 24, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
So glad it's Friday!  It's been a hell of a week.

Our bee talk (Eric did end up coming with me) was phenomenal, and we inspired a lot of people!  So happy!

This weekend there isn't much planned.  The license plates for Firefly came in, so I'll get those tomorrow.  And while Eric goes to a Red Bulls game, I'll bring my wheel to a library for Maker's Day to spin.  And I'm making Bouchon Bakery lemon meringue tarts from lemons a friend in California shipped to us from his yard.

I actually need to get a ton of spinning done; we signed up for an Earth Day festival on April 22, and a weekly farmer's market from June to October.  Eric's been doing a lot of turning, and made me this absolutely gorgeous dragon fountain pen!  He's also made a music fountain pen (ebony) and a phoenix ballpoint pen (bloodwood).
« Last post by Larissa on March 22, 2017, 09:55:01 AM »
Good morning!

Got up WAY early this morning, because Eric is sick and I had to take care of all the animals before leaving the house an hour earlier than normal for my allergy shot before work.  Actually, I got up WAY early yesterday too, because I thought yesterday was Wednesday and I had my allergy shot yesterday morning!  Whoops.

Work today, and tonight, I (and hopefully Eric if he's feeling better) am doing a talk at a local historical farm about beekeeping and becoming a beekeeper.  It should be a blast, but if E can't come, it'll be my first solo talk. 

The question is whether I bring my wasps nest also, to show people the difference between a beehive and a wasps nest.  We get SO many calls to come get "bees" that turn out to be yellowjackets.  On the other hand, this isn't so much about bees in general, but about beekeeping.  I'll see.
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on March 21, 2017, 05:47:48 AM »
Glad you are safe Sandi.....

thanks for the compliments. I am one of those lucky woman I always looked younger then my age. But my body will tell me and remind me... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now with this great weight loss it is a bit easier on my body and that was my goal.....makes a great difference. Maybe a bit
TMI, but I bought 4 Bikini's for my Water Aerobics class, since I have my hourglass figure back, at 70 I myself cannot believe it.  ^-^

Stay safe, be good to yourselves..... :-*
« Last post by MulchandMore on March 20, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
That's good Sandi :)
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on March 20, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »
No where near it, Bev...  fortunately, it looks like it will be out soon.
« Last post by MulchandMore on March 20, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
Monika, WOW! You don't even look 50! Did you find that "fountain of youth" in Florida?

Sandi, hope you're no where's near that fire in Colorado that I saw on the news! I'm with you, so much to do and slowing down!

Spinning guild today, started a new knitting project, stopped by the mill and picked up another bump of top, need to do more dyeing since I have three fiber shows scheduled this year!
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on March 20, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »
Wow!  Great photo, Monika!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10