Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What are you doing today?
« Last post by Larissa on June 22, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »
LOL, right this second, that'd entail leaving the office & I've got another hour.  This day is DEAD too, boss had lasik surgery, so he's not here, phones are nearly dead, and I just want to head to my party.  Wish this was the kind of office where I could bring my knitting.
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on June 22, 2017, 03:39:34 PM »
Do what you love!
« Last post by Larissa on June 22, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
Keep spinning!

And then in my head:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBtc254NIMc

Except, "Just keep spinning, just keep spinning, spinning, spinning..."
« Last post by MulchandMore on June 22, 2017, 11:14:54 AM »
Looks like you solved your licker problem too ;)

I'm trying to slow down on spinning, do some more dyeing and get started on weaving (that I've been postponing for too long) And get ready for next weekend's shows!

Keep spinning!
« Last post by Larissa on June 22, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
Thank you!  I feel like I was made to spin.  Goofy, I know, but it really does.  I love it so much.  And with the drum carder, I'm rolling right through my washed fleeces.  It looked like a slow process (drum carding) to Eric, so he's actually amazed at how much faster it is because of how much more comes out at a time.  I held up one of my hand-carded rolags next to one of my drum-carded batts to show him, and he finally got it.

I played hooky from work yesterday (Went to my allergist in the morning, who prescribed Prednisone-the-wonder-drug... he has no idea what's been causing my misery, but he knows how to kill the symptoms!  By evening, after just two pills in the morning, I realized I hadn't been scratching this rash all day!)

So instead, I inspected beehives with E, carded a bunch of batts, baked a cake for tonight's spinning/weaving guild potluck, and went to the lumber yard with E and his friend to pick out more pretty woods for his projects.

Today is work and then the potluck, so it'll be a fun day.  And I feel so much less miserable with the prednisone in me!
« Last post by MulchandMore on June 20, 2017, 10:23:59 PM »
I just took a look at all the yarn you have in your shop. Wow, you have been busy and it looks good. You have become a good spinner quickly!
« Last post by Larissa on June 20, 2017, 09:54:46 PM »
If I hadn't had chicken pox as a kid, I'd have considered that too. I *did* look up what smallpox looks like.  Not it. 
« Last post by MulchandMore on June 20, 2017, 09:36:45 PM »
LOL "mutating into another life form"  This is making me think back to when my daughter was a baby and these spots started appearing and I thought she had gotten bug bites from being outside....kept getting more, went to Dr. and got quarantined for a week with the chicken pox :laugh: Knew you had considered all options, even turning into "a worker bee?" Hope it clears soon.  :laugh:
« Last post by Larissa on June 20, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »
I've obviously considered all options.
« Last post by Larissa on June 20, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »
Nope, I'm ok with wool, I make the soap (though I used the crap my friends buy when I was in MA June 10-11, but it wouldn't still be getting worse, I don't think), same detergent.  I was in the woods on June 9 on campus, and the first bit of rash showed up the morning of the 10th.  I thought it was spider bites.  Now I'm thinking poison whatever and I've been re-spreading it all this time unwittingly.

Or I found something to be allergic to.

Or maybe I'm mutating into another life form.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10