Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What are you doing today?
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on Today at 12:15:19 PM »
I'm with Larissa on this one.
« Last post by Nárrína on October 13, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
It's honestly not depressing, at least not to me.  It's freakin' anger-inducing.  I want to smack the crap out of these people for you.

Thanks :).  Your post made me smile and I need that right now.
« Last post by Larissa on October 13, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
It's honestly not depressing, at least not to me.  It's freakin' anger-inducing.  I want to smack the crap out of these people for you.
« Last post by Nárrína on October 12, 2017, 09:13:22 PM »
*Sigh* It's more and more looking like a lawsuit is going to be necessary. Never once was I or my supervisor asked why we believe I'm being singled out or discriminated against. He, the assistant director, was only concerned about my ML's concerns and reports, and was fixated on asking about my physical limitations and my getting written proof from a doctor along with a painfully exact list of every single type of movement or manual task that might aggravate my condition. Without it, he said whatever she asks me to do, whether it's part of my job description or not, I have to do it or she can write me up. Basically, he said she has the right to do whatever she wants. It's so frustrating. Everyone else I work with knows this is wrong and know what she's trying to do, but no matter how may complaints are made about her he refuses to listen. I'm really at my wit's end here. It just hurts so much to see how little they care about the people they employ, only the bottom line.

(Sorry for the rather depressing posts! Just needed to share with someone before I just lose it!)
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on October 11, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »
Thanks! It really is. I've already told my supervisor that if I had to go to the Assistant Director one more time that I would be making known that, if the library does not put an end to this, that I will be pursing the matter in court. Now I didn't initiate this meeting, but I still intend to make things very plain. And if it does come down to that I won't be doing it quietly either. My family has every intention of taking this to the county newspaper and making it public knowledge. And, as I don't in the least bit trust my ML, I've asked my supervisor to be present for this meeting. I feel it would be much safer for me to have a witness present.

had been in a similar situation in my life , way back when, I know....you go girl....
Monika
« Last post by Nárrína on October 10, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Thanks! It really is. I've already told my supervisor that if I had to go to the Assistant Director one more time that I would be making known that, if the library does not put an end to this, that I will be pursing the matter in court. Now I didn't initiate this meeting, but I still intend to make things very plain. And if it does come down to that I won't be doing it quietly either. My family has every intention of taking this to the county newspaper and making it public knowledge. And, as I don't in the least bit trust my ML, I've asked my supervisor to be present for this meeting. I feel it would be much safer for me to have a witness present.
Thats beyond me, I am promoting this link with the new pics and why would the internet grab an old link?!
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on October 10, 2017, 05:51:00 PM »
This is really getting out of hand....yah.....According to the ADA as long as you have a doc's note stating you can do this job for so many hours and not this specific part of the job, you should be fine. If they try to fire you, sue them....it is against the law.
Best wishes, dear...
« Last post by Nárrína on October 10, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
Congrats on the show, Sandi!

Best of luck to your son, Andrew!

Well, the library drama continues. Last week, my supervisor decided to call the Assistant Director regarding our managing librarian's treatment of me and gave her own report on it (in my favor). She then had a meeting with our ML because of calling him; then both of us got called into her office over it. And she still refuses to understand/acknowledge how she is singling me out. So now, I have a meeting with both of my ML and the Assistant Director regarding this issue. As much as I want to leave, I want to do it on my terms and am petrified that she is going to try and use this meeting to reflect badly on me and manipulate it into having me declared 'unfit.'
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on October 10, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
Good vibes coming your way, Andrew.  As the parent of a Marine, I can understand your mind-set.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10