Author Topic: Advertise on It's Better Handmade  (Read 31374 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Advertise on It's Better Handmade
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
I know a lot of our members advertised with us in the past on It's Better Handmade through Project Wonderful. We'll we closed our adbox with Project Wonderful and are handling the advertising direct on IBH.
You can read more here http://itsbetterhandmade.com/advertise/
Anyway, we decided that we wanted to offer some very affordable advertising for our Handmade Artists' friends, so we created a coupon of 50% off. So if you're interested in purchasing advertising on IBH, just click the link above and follow it to the payment page. You can set up a monthly ad or a recurring ad, that will continue until you cancel. All payments are handled through paypal.
The retail price on there now is $10.00 a month, which is about a 3rd of the going rate for a site like this for advertising. We've been doing some research on this and there are sites out there that have less traffic than us and get $30 a month. So, for now, we are going to keep the price low, but I do see the price going up in the future.
Anyway if you jump in now you can get an ad for 50% off of the $10 or $5 a month, which is really a great deal.
Once you set up your ad and go to checkout you'll see a place for a coupon code, enter handmadeartists, one word no spaces as the code. If you set it up as a subscription, you can lock in the $5.00 a month price forever.
Anyway IBH is able to stay free to our members through our sponsors, and we look forward to all of your support.
Thanks!!!

myeuropeantouch

Re: Advertise on It's Better Handmade
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »
Ok, Andrew, I give up....I know my banner is 125x125, I know my shop URL is correct and yet it will not accept these. In addition it wants security questions answered which are not given, just numbers??????
Help..... a lil.... a lot.....

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:53 PM »
It will not accept https - you have to delete the "s" in your url. I just did it and it worked (after resizing my image and deleting the "s" ) and the numbers you see you have to add and enter the sum into the box :)

ETA: Mine is up and running!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »
It will not accept https - you have to delete the "s" in your url. I just did it and it worked (after resizing my image and deleting the "s" ) and the numbers you see you have to add and enter the sum into the box :)

Thanks Andrea, it still would not accept the 125x125 I chose, I had to use another one, same size....dang.....well I got it set up...I don't even remember which one will be displayed now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
It looks like you can go in at any time and edit your ad, so if you don't like it you can change it

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
It looks like you can go in at any time and edit your ad, so if you don't like it you can change it

Hmm....that's good, however the other 2 were 125x125 and it would not take them....maybe I have to work on a totally new one...the one that's up now is the one I really did not wish to have on there....go figure..... ;D ;D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »
Nope, cant go in now, its just not functioning for me.....maybe another time

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »
if you want us to change the ad I believe we can, just upload it here and I'll give it a shot

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »
if you want us to change the ad I believe we can, just upload it here and I'll give it a shot

Thanks Andrew, have to do this later, I am going to bed, am as sick as a dog....

Offline jolenemacinjax

• Live for Today - No One is Promised Tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Southern Women Crafts
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »
I just bought the subscription advertisement for IBH but I want to change my banner please!

I think I like the one attached much better. Thank you in advanced for your help

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
I just bought the subscription advertisement for IBH but I want to change my banner please!

I think I like the one attached much better. Thank you in advanced for your help
Jolene,
the one you uploaded  is 125x96 do you have another one that is 125x125 and we can try to change it for you.
Thanks

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »
Dang!  I responded to the email you sent out and paid full price!!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline jolenemacinjax

• Live for Today - No One is Promised Tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Southern Women Crafts
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »
Thanks for your help. I redid the banner and now it is 125x125

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
i changed the banner for you on IBH, hope that helps!!
Enjoy :D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Andrew here is my revised version.....and I thank you a lot