Author Topic: Another opportunity to promote HandmadeArtists  (Read 6986 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: Another opportunity to promote HandmadeArtists
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
Can someone explain about teams or lack thereof?    I have no idea.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline AmandasGranny

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »
One of the ones that I like on Etsy is the people from NE GA...in addition to promotion, the talk about shows and places to sell off-line...that I like.
And I am on 2 teams of muted people mostly...one has done a lot directing E people to  other sites for selling..that I like.
On ebay I am on a forum, or a board, or something... about teztiles and lace and such...really a lot of info on that one.
Most Etsy teams, I think, are promotional...you like me and I'll like you....put me in your treasure and I'll put you in my treasure.   I am not a fan of much promotion on-line when there are people I see every day that have not heard of Etsy, let alone Zibbet and HA.  Word of mouth is good advertising, but where I cannot produce for wording-of-mouth, I do not know if it is a good value...good day...mildred

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
Can you get muted from teams there?  I got rid of all the teams I was on there except It's Better Handmade.  Regarding advertising, has anyone put up any of the HandmadeArtists flyers we had on here?  It's been a while since we talked about them.  I made one for the holidays, and it's somewhere in the forum.  If anyone is interested, I can reupload the flyers I made a while back.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »
Please don't turn this into another  E.....   I was on a team there and all it really did was clutter up my email inbox....   I have really enjoyed getting used to a friendly way of doing things....   I would love  the flyers if I can figure out how to use them...  Thanks
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline AmandasGranny

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
I'm having withdrawal from some of the chats...as far as Thur chat, is this the place to talk about resin appliques?  I have some tech questions I'd like to discuss...I'm keeping my Etsy shop so I can talk to teams...I really would like to completely close them out.
And the captain can put you off the team, if you misbehave...
MsMarty...the promo teams I tried generated a lot of messages....and nothing interesting.  I really perfer a team that does not allow promotion.
Good night y'all, I have accomplished nothing this afternoon...mildred

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
Here are the flyer versions I have made.  They are similar, just the wording was modified. I can change the wording if you have an idea you would like to use.

Offline AmandasGranny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »
River Rock..Flyers like those paper things you put under windshields on WalMart parking lot????mildred

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »
Yep, was too late to post in the thread, but trying to be good and not make too many waves---although I don't like their direction I may eventually list some vintage there and try to sneak in a link to here.

I like your flyers, what size do they print up as? I might try putting one in the B&M that I rent a space in. Not sure how they would work at craft shows, I normally just give out my business cards with my sites on them.

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:54 AM »
AmandasGranny, yes they are the paper flyers that you can put anywhere.  I put them at work, but if you are not a tenant in the building, the management company takes them down very quickly.  They print on letter size paper. 

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:11 AM »
I've had flyers on my bulletin board at my store and have given the info slips to many people looking for an online venue. Not sure if they actually came and set up shop or not.

Offline AmandasGranny

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 11:39:12 AM »
River Rock...do you have one w/address on little tab at bottom....this only takes 1 piece of paper.   I was thinking of putting in local flea mkt...they do not like flyers because people throw them on the grounds...the tabs work better for them....(this flea mkt is  about 1/2 handmade, some vintage and very little FM stuff--but they have boiled peanuts   lol.)
Oh, I know a place where I could leave rack cards..I'll see if I can redo yours..if you do not mind....
Thanks for into in this...mildred

Offline JimJuris

• I am the author of two ebooks on photography.
    • View Profile
    • Inexpensive Jewelry Photography
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »
I promote Handmade Artists on Etsy whenever I get the chance.

I went there to say something about Handmade Artists but the thread was already shut down.  I did not see it when the thread was open.

Offline AmandasGranny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »
Jim..I do too.  I am sorry that not many people said anything when so many were going to Zibbet.  I don't mind Zibbet having the people, but I would rather HA have the crafters...oh, well....mildred

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »
River Rock...do you have one w/address on little tab at bottom....this only takes 1 piece of paper.   I was thinking of putting in local flea mkt...they do not like flyers because people throw them on the grounds...the tabs work better for them....(this flea mkt is  about 1/2 handmade, some vintage and very little FM stuff--but they have boiled peanuts   lol.)
Oh, I know a place where I could leave rack cards..I'll see if I can redo yours..if you do not mind....
Thanks for into in this...mildred

The address is on the bottom as tabs.  You need to cut between them so people can tear them off of the flyer.  Not sure if that is what you are referring to. 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »
Somebody mentioned teams above, will we never have teams here so don't worry. I would rather have one unified community instead of a bunch of teams