Author Topic: So how are everyone's sales?  (Read 3690 times)

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• Saving the Planet One Accessory at a Time.
    • View Profile
    • Totally Unique Treasures
So how are everyone's sales?
« on: October 11, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
Can someone direct me to some of the shops with the most sales so I can do some research?  Main thing I want to see is your presentation. I know what people look for on Etsy, they jam it down your throat, but I am just starting out here, so to speak and need to see what people are looking for here.  I know that each site has its own following.  BTW, anyone is more than welcome to critique any of my shops or pages. I am always looking to improve.  I will be glad to do the same for anyone else.  Thanks in advance.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: So how are everyone's sales?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
For anyone else, Laura's shop in HA is tutreasures  (https://handmadeartists.com/shop/tutreasures). 

Laura:  your pictures are good, great focus, composition, etc.  clear easy to understand policies, etc.  I have sold 10 items, officially, on HA; however, the reality is that more items have been sold outside HA, with the original contact on HA, especially for my custom work.  I have seen sites here with over 100 sales.  We all sort of look the same, not sure why some are more popular than others.  Hope you do well with your sales.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 11:51:59 AM »
Oh wow, thanks for sharing my link. I totally have the whole site on my signature and not my shop. So totally didn't realize that.  Thanks so much for the critique.  I hope that by paying some more attention to this shop too now that I can get some sales here.  I will advocate to all my peeps, too.  We still have the best shop prices that I can see of anywhere.  Thanks, I will change that immediately.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 08:04:37 AM »
Laura, I try to post a lot of the sales to our FB page https://www.facebook.com/HAFshop
Maybe that will help you track down what you are looking for. I don't post all the sales, as I really do not have time. But I get some up there.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:57 AM »
Can someone direct me to some of the shops with the most sales so I can do some research?  Main thing I want to see is your presentation. I know what people look for on Etsy, they jam it down your throat, but I am just starting out here, so to speak and need to see what people are looking for here.  I know that each site has its own following.  BTW, anyone is more than welcome to critique any of my shops or pages. I am always looking to improve.  I will be glad to do the same for anyone else.  Thanks in advance.

I've had quite a few, and I am presently working on a 12 book custom order, unfortunately I was contacted through emails so they won't show in my HA sales, this has been an unusual year for me due to travel and medical issues so I haven't promoted as I normally have...and it shows in my sales!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »
My Reef Botanicals shop also has a bunch more sales than show because of custom orders - baskets and things.  And one regular customer who only pays by check.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »
My Reef Botanicals shop also has a bunch more sales than show because of custom orders - baskets and things.  And one regular customer who only pays by check.

Diggit! Exactly what I mean, there are lots of sales that have originated in one way or another via Handmade Artists. While I will say, HA does not take a cut of a vendors sales, Paypal does and and getting a bank check is a good thing, so sometimes it's not so bad to do business in other ways, the beauty is HA does not care how your sale are made, there is no such animal as "fee avoidance"  (they do like ethical on the other hand), they simply want to get handmade out there and their vendors to do well -  Andrew and Kimberly are amazing champions of all things handmade.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »
Go on Blue, don't stop there  ^-^

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »
For that matter, I know I've bought offsite when the sale really originated here - a necklace from Lunarskies and two bowls from LG Potter, off the top of my head.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »

Diggit! Exactly what I mean, there are lots of sales that have originated in one way or another via Handmade Artists. While I will say, HA does not take a cut of a vendors sales, Paypal does and and getting a bank check is a good thing, so sometimes it's not so bad to do business in other ways, the beauty is HA does not care how your sale are made, there is no such animal as "fee avoidance"  (they do like ethical on the other hand), they simply want to get handmade out there and their vendors to do well -  Andrew and Kimberly are amazing champions of all things handmade.

What she said..... ;) :D

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »

Ok, let's talk about NO item expiration's and relisting fees. Or how about the hundreds of thousands of followers on twitter and facebook they tirelessly promote new items to...without having to be a "favorite" of the site...need I go on? Because I can! Gimme a soapbox and I'll stand on it!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 06:46:11 AM »
You're too funny!
Thanks Andrea, you're a sweetheart 8)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 02:13:48 PM »

Ok, let's talk about NO item expiration's and relisting fees. Or how about the hundreds of thousands of followers on twitter and facebook they tirelessly promote new items to...without having to be a "favorite" of the site...need I go on? Because I can! Gimme a soapbox and I'll stand on it!

I think many of us would get on that soapbox with you!

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 12:18:19 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. I will be putting more stuff in my shop.  I have all kinds of things.  Been doing poorly at the live shows lately, so now the net gets em. I have done equally good in both places up until lately.  Ok guys will def check you all out. Thanks again and stay tuned.