Author Topic: Looks like Etsy is changing their tune again  (Read 8303 times)

Offline JimJuris

• I am the author of two ebooks on photography.
    • View Profile
    • Inexpensive Jewelry Photography
Re: Looks like Etsy is changing their tune again
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »
I was kept very busy for five to seven days reading all of the threads on Etsy about the new changes and Zibbet.

I also promoted Handmade Artists a number of times over that same time period.

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 07:43:44 AM »
Etsy just tried to sweep their changes under the rug by deleting the section of the forum for questions about it.  Any thread started now will get buried under the chitchat type of threads there now.  Typical Etsy...trying to shut down anyone who is not one of their cheerleaders. :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
Don't they usually close topics but not delete them?  Deleting is pretty harsh, even for them.  Lame.

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
No, that's not what the post said.  It didn't get deleted.  This is what admin said:  I wanted to give you a heads-up that later today we will be closing the Forums section that was opened for questions and answers about Etsy's new guidelines and policies. [/size]All threads posted in that space will be migrated to Discussions, and you are welcome to continue the conversation about the new guidelines there, or in Questions. [/color]

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 09:07:37 AM »
The section about the changes was deleted.  The threads from that section may have been buried in the other sections of the forum there...not sure. 

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:40 AM »
The section about the changes was deleted.  The threads from that section may have been buried in the other sections of the forum there...not sure.

This surprises me even for Etsy. They generally just close things, not delete them. I have and get Etsy people in my store and none of them so far have any clue what's going on. I find that rather disturbing.  I've been giving them info about handmade Artists. I do hope they sign up. In fact, I need to print another poster.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »
No, that's not what the post said.  It didn't get deleted.  This is what admin said:  I wanted to give you a heads-up that later today we will be closing the Forums section that was opened for questions and answers about Etsy's new guidelines and policies. [/size]All threads posted in that space will be migrated to Discussions, and you are welcome to continue the conversation about the new guidelines there, or in Questions. [/color]

Beth, I am trying to help. I think this will help reading, I could not read the tiny stuff....here is etsy's quote

***** I wanted to give you a heads-up that later today we will be closing the Forums section that was opened for questions and answers about Etsy's new guidelines and policies. All threads posted in that space will be migrated to Discussions, and you are welcome to continue the conversation about the new guidelines there, or in Questions. *****

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
Typical, give them a few days to vent and then brush them off and hide the discussions where nobody can find them if they are not looking.  Sorry, but I used to love Etsy and not am just heartsick over what they have become.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 02:41:29 PM »