Linked Events

• Petoskey Art in the Park - Petoskey, Michigan: July 20, 2013

Author Topic: Petoskey Art in the Park fine art show- Petoskey, Michigan  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
Petoskey Art in the Park fine art show- Petoskey, Michigan
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
Hi, all! I recently got confirmation (after being on the waiting list since March) that my application to the Petoskey Art in the Park fine art show in Petoskey, Michigan has been accepted!

It's a one day show held in the city park in downtown Petoskey, and has an annual attendance of 10,000-15,000.

Show info:

Date:  Saturday, July 20th
Hours: 10:00AM - 6:00PM

I don't know if anyone here lives anywhere near the area, but if so I'd love it if you dropped by and said hi!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
Re: Petoskey Art in the Park fine art show- Petoskey, Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
Have fun. Petoskey is about 30 miles from us, but unfortunately we have a show scheduled at Hartwick Pines State Park in Grayling for that Saturday and Sunday !0-4 each day. If you stay over maybe you will stop by and say hi on your way home. It's nice to know another handmade artist gets to northern Michigan! Alpenfest is going on in Gaylord that week too so watch the traffic if you come up 75.

I've been doing the Hartwick shows most of 20+ years now-this one is Wood shaving days so has lots of carvers, some blacksmiths, and about 3 spinners, all demonstrating our crafts! (It's where I started my craft show adventures)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 06:36:29 PM »
Have a ton of fun and lucrative days, both of you!

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »
Thanks, Larissa!

Thank you, MulchandMore!  I'm sure I will once the show prep panic/pre-show jitters subside! Unfortunately, I won't be able to stay over as I have things I need to get back for the next day :( . Good luck with your show and thanks for the warning about traffic!  I'm hoping there won't be too much traffic on the way there, I don't think too many people will want to be on the highway at 4 or 5am; might be more of an issue on the way back though.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Wow, you are going to have a long day Sat. but yes you should miss most morning traffic. Let us know how good the show is?

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
Oh yes, and I only have a short break to rest afterwards before I have to head up northwards again for an art show in Tawas on the 3rd-4th of August for two more long days (that one is only 45mins-hour from my house, but still going to be a long two days).  Will do! I've visited this show before to check it out and it looks like a great show. (I have a friend in the Saginaw, MI area that did that show for years and she told me it was the best one-day she ever did.)  I figure it must be a good show as I know of vendors that come up all the way from Florida, and thereabouts, every year to sell there.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 06:06:06 PM »
We did a show (mostly re-enactors) the second weekend (i think)in June at the Tawas Point lighthouse, with the cannon going off at intervals all day long, it was interesting but not a big money-maker for us....I think we need to apply for some of the more expensive art shows but not thinking of myself as an artist (although my husband and my son are) let me know if you see any yarn at these shows ;) . So far I have stuck to the smaller, lower fees for shows, maybe it's time to expand.

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »
The show went great yesterday!! The second best I've done at a show and definitely the most I've done in a single day.  I definitely want to do this show again next year and am looking forward to seeing how this show grows. Now I have just a short rest before I have another show the first Saturday-Sunday in August. (I am sooooooo sore and tired!)

Hope your show went well also, MulchandMore!

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 08:42:43 PM »
I'm with you as far as being sore and tired. (and have to be at work 7am tomorrow morning, then have a day's break before leaving to set up for a 4-day show), whew. Just got home so haven't counted yet but did sell quite a few candles but only one skein of yarn, husband did his most sketches ever for a 2-day show! Should make more candles and cat balls so going to be busy, only have 3 shows scheduled for August ;)

Glad your show was a success.