Author Topic: Views of my items  (Read 825 times)

Offline beadwizzard

• View Profile
Views of my items
« on: July 16, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »
Hello everyone!  I was just looking at the view counts of some of my earrings that have been up on this site for a year or so.  The views are at counts like 1800 to 2100 !!!  That is totally amazing and just shocked me.  But, the sad thing is none of them have ever sold here.  :(

How do our views get so big? Are there robots that check out the listings regularly like they do on a normal web site?  Or, hopefully, we are really getting that much traffic and someday things will really take off?   Just pondering and wondering for a Tuesday Afternoon.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Views of my items
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 09:30:42 PM »
No, it's really that much traffic.  Pretty awesome, right?

It just needs to be the right people looking - or at the right time.  Keep in mind, I've seen things go up in the shop that I made mental notes of for later... and then bought them when I needed them. 

A good example are these awesome wooden toys for babies.  I saw them listed and thought they were great.  Every once in a while, I'd refresh my recollection by looking at/for them again, but didn't buy right away.  Then my sister's best friend had a baby shower.  I bought two.  Then my sister & my husband's brother were both having babies.  I bought four more.  This was many months after I'd first seen them.

So yeah, keep at it... and at some point the right person will see your stuff, or someone who's seen it will be ready to buy it.  And you'll be off to the races!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: Views of my items
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
Just like Larissa said, it just needs to be the right person. It will happen!