Author Topic: Sneek Peek at the New Look of Handmade Artists  (Read 27505 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: Sneek Peek at the New Look of Handmade Artists
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 12:01:17 AM »
Andrew, this is not about the look, it looks great, but one suggestion.  I have had a problem with buyers knowing they have to stay on for return to site after paypal.  I put it it my terms, but could a note about that show up in cart?  I have seen it when I have payed on other sites.  Thanks.

Offline ldkeesee

• View Profile
    • Mixed Kreations
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 03:29:37 AM »
I like it Andrew. It looks fresh and clean. I don't think that I like the purple box though. The lettering in the box is kind of hard to read. I like the longer descriptions showing up too. Thank you for everything that you do.

Linda

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 04:49:50 AM »
Like everything about it and what has been said about it already, Highlights on top etc...dont like the purple boxes, it distracts from the very clean "Tiffany " look....
Fantabulous work, Andrew.....

Offline JimJuris

• I am the author of two ebooks on photography.
    • View Profile
    • Inexpensive Jewelry Photography
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 05:29:41 AM »
Andrew, I think that the new look is very nice except you can only see 8 products on the page.  I would like to see at least 12 or 16 on the page. 

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 07:34:30 AM »
I like it.  Crisp, clean, easily navigated.  A little rearrangement never hurts either.

The product listings are my favorite change, it really showcases the item nicely on the home page.  I love the "By Somebody" box, that is brilliant!  I always click through to see who made the item, now I will know if it is a favorite shop or a new one.

I can't ad anything that any one hasn't already commented on.

Great work!

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
Great new look. I agree with all the previous comments. I would like to repeat the comment about  getting back to the main category list without going to the home page.

Thanks for the hard work.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
My 02 cents:
Overall I like it. I'm on the fence with the purple box though.  The one thing I would love is scheduled listing. I've suggested this to you before. Not sure if that is possible with this particular set up or not, but it's a feature I loved on an old site I sold at. It would be something that I don't think anyone else has.

Thank both of you for all that you do! I can't ever say it enough!  :-*

Offline GreenIrisDesign

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »
Andrew, I think that the new look is very nice except you can only see 8 products on the page.  I would like to see at least 12 or 16 on the page.

I know I'm very new, but I think I agree with this.  It might be nice to see a few more new handmade items on the main page.  I also agree with what everyone is saying; love the clear, clean look!

Offline beadwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
I guess I am alone here, but I prefer the old look to the new one. I like the bright colors of the old one and don't like all the white colors on the new one.  I like the Shopping Cart icon next to each new item shown and don't care for the shop's name.  I had a business consultant tell me that a great way to get sales is to have a Buy Now option available for those that really like what they see. Instead of having to click through to other places, they will buy more readily.

I agree, move the blog back to the bottom. That isn't something a customer thinks about, they want to see product. And yes, showcase more items for a greater variety of what your site has.  I like the Follow Us to be back higher on the page instead of at the bottom with just icons and no words.

And on the Featured Artists section, I really like the Shop || Profile option. I do like readying about the artist's profiles without having to go to their pages.

One last suggestion for the old pages is to bring the paypal and other payment options up to the area next to the highlights and not at the bottom. The bottom of the new page is in a too dark color, it's very hard to read.

Thanks for the opportunity to view and comment. :)
Phyllis
BeadWizzard

Offline AbsolutelyStationery

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
I'm very new here so haven't used the site as extensively as the rest.

I like the cleaner look of the new design.

My only comment is this:  will you be making any changes to the site with regards to the back-end ie listings?  I don't know if this has been mentioned before, it may have.  Will there be the ability to copy a listing rather than creating a new one each time for the same product (different colour/options etc).

If this already exists can someone let me know in a private message, I don't see a copy icon when 'managing listings'.

Look forward to seeing more of the new improved site.

Jo

Offline LadyFaithJewelry

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
Well, from my point of view it is darn near perfect.  I like the way you have listed recently posted items, however, I am not sure the price should go here with the item because the price might keep someone for looking at other things in the shop and they might have more things the shopper likes that might be priced lower. Would there be a way to direct a buyer that clicks on an item to immediately send the buyer to the shop for the price, and a look  at other items for sale.  I like the way it will fit any screen size, I only use a computer and moniter when I am shopping because I have old eyes and I like the largest image possible for me.  But again like I wrote above for my point of view it is darn near perfect.

LadyFaith Jewelry

Offline GLITZandGLAMMA

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 03:12:45 PM »
Hi Andrew,
I like the look of the new page,  I even like the purple boxes. Looks good to me.

Offline FinnellFineArt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
Great job!

Offline TheMerryRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 08:14:29 AM »
I like the clean look. Not sure about the purple boxes, although I can see where you are going with that. Maybe a lighter blue that still highlights the info without screaming at you.
I agree, move the blog down to the bottom and maybe make it a bit smaller so you can add one more line of recently listed as this is the selling venue.
Great job!
TheMerryRaven.etsy.com

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »
I agree with Beadwizard about the stark white background.  I would prefer some color, although a lighter color than the current site has to keep it clean looking...maybe a pale color that goes with the color theme you want instead of the white and slightly darker for the menu items.  Not sure about the purple boxes yet...maybe make them a lighter color so it's not so much contrast...maybe the same color as the menus? 

Also more products on the page as others have said.  Buyers are probably not interested in things like the blog but are looking for items they want to buy.  The main page should be more for buyers than sellers so it will encourage them to look around and buy.  The current one seems to be targeted more to sellers.  I also like the suggestion for a Buy Now icon next to the item without going into the shop.  Most of the page should have products to attract buyers and the other features should be more in the background, maybe on the side somewhere to leave the main section of the page for products.  I think the link in the main menu for the blog would be enough since that is more for sellers.  Just my 2 cents.