Author Topic: Sneek Peek at the New Look of Handmade Artists  (Read 26301 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sneek Peek at the New Look of Handmade Artists
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
Well just to show you that we are moving forward, we have a mock up of a new design. This design will be responsive, which means that the shop view will automatically change to fit and size screen from large to small, including ipads and cell phones.

I dare say, any thoughts?

Sorry scared to put it out there for critiques there are a couple of things that we will tweak regardless. One thing is where it says by somebody in the product boxes, the will be the shop name, but I don't think we'll keep the big purple block there.

Anyway, let's hear it good and bad. Better now than latter :D

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Sneek Peek at the New Look of Handmade Artists
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
That looks great Andrew.  I am not sure the purple boxes are a bad thing.  I think it highlights the "who did this" kind of thing so if someone has a specific shop in mind, it immediately draws attention there after the photo of the product of course. 
So in my humble opinion, I would leave the purple boxes otherwise it may look sort of blah.

Good work.  I will keep looking at it to see if I see anything else that I see to tell you as always in my humble opinion.  Personally, with a couple of tweeks, the one we use is still awesome to me.

Offline Vintage_Gypsy

• View Profile
    • Jewelry and Supplies
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »
Looks ok to me !
While you're in there changing stuff I noticed when I was shopping yesterday
that once I go in to a category I can't get back to the main category list without
going to the home page... not sure if that's normal or just me.
Seems like I should be able to click category and have all of the basic categories
pop back up so I can continue to shop.
“Far better to live your own path imperfectly than to live another’s perfectly.” -Bhagavad Gita
https://www.etsy.com/shop/2VintageGypsies
https://handmadeartists.com/shop/Vintage_Gypsy

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »
Andrew… Outstanding!  Clean!  Fresh Looking! The listings really pop when you see the page! I like it!  Thumbs up from me! ;)

Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline wingnscales

• View Profile
    • Wings N Scales
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
Very nice Andrew.  I dont see anything that I dont like so far. Great job!  Looks very easy to move around and very user friendly... Excellent!!!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »
Thanks for the sneak peak!  Here's what I like:
  • I like the the recently listed items are at the very top of the page!  After all, if you've chosen to go in the shop, you want to see what's for sale first.
  • I like that there are fewer items listed in the 'recently listed' section.  It seems to have an airier look to it.
  • I just LOVE that there is more text with the items.  Right now, it cuts off the text so fast that there's rarely enough text to actually say anything about the item.
  • I like the format of the line with the price and the shop name, and just love that the shop name is with the item.  This  is a wonderful improvement.  I like the colored background on the shop name as well - it sets that information off from the rest of the information.
  • Although the blog is really important, I'm glad it's moved down the page.  Again...  this is the shop.
  • I really like the overall look and feel of the entire page.

Constructive comments:
  • Since this is the shop, and Highlights go with the products in the shop, I think they should move up, and that the Blog should be the bottom thing on the page.
  • I like that the shopping cart at the very top of the page has a border around it, but I think it is too small.  I've heard a number of times that it's hard to find.  Making it larger would help solve that issue...  none of us want a customer to bail on a purchase because they can't figure out where to go next!

What I don't like:
  • That would be nothing!  I think it's overall wonderful!

Offline Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
It looks great, Andrew! 

I like the fact that the pictures are larger.  They even look clearer.

I too, like that the item description is longer.  And, I also like having the shop name like you have it. 

Can't wait to see more!  Great job :)

Offline OnFireforHandmade

• On Fire for Handmade
    • View Profile
    • On Fire for Handmade
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:42 PM »
I like it and I like the purple box... :)
 :laugh: :-*

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
I like it, especially the longer descriptions and the by somebody...we have a lot of bodies here-all busy making things ;)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 11:33:51 PM »
Thanks for mentioning the blog thing at the bottom, I wasn't even thinking about that but you are right, I think it should be highlights first as well and also perhaps at the top where the buttons are Home, Buy, Sell etc.  perhaps swap hightlights with blog there as well for hte same reason.  hmmmm  like that run on sentence. did ya get it all  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
Other folk must have better computers than I.  When I viewed the picture in the forum post, I could not read any of it, too small.  When I enlarged the picture, I could not navigate around it to see the commented upon features, just saw the central quarter of the image.  The sneak peak link, took me to the current area.  I am using HP laptop with Windows 7.  I will try to follow the link with my desktop and linux later today, after visiting grandson goes home.  Sorry, I can't see any changes.

oK, now I am editing my response, using my desktop computer and now Windows, I can see the image and navigate around it.  BTW my desktop monitor is smaller than my laptop screen.
I like the new arrangement, agree with changing highlitghts and blog positions.  Thanks for all that you do.

John
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:11:28 AM by gemlover »
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »
It's a jpeg attachment, just download it and look in your photo program.
Other folk must have better computers than I.  When I viewed the picture in the forum post, I could not read any of it, too small.  When I enlarged the picture, I could not navigate around it to see the commented upon features, just saw the central quarter of the image.  The sneak peak link, took me to the current area.  I am using HP laptop with Windows 7.  I will try to follow the link with my desktop and linux later today, after visiting grandson goes home.  Sorry, I can't see any changes.

John