Author Topic: Views  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Beth

• View Profile
Views
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
I didn't realize that when I view my own items, even though I'm logged in, the view increases each time I look at my item.  I wish it didn't do that :(

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: Views
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:20:34 AM »
Oh dear,   I didn't know that ...   today I viewed  one of mine  and found a typo which had to be corrected.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »
I wish it didn't do that too, but maybe that will be something that will be addressed in the redesign that is in process now.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
We can look into it, but I really don't see what the big deal is.
The whole idea is that the page was viewed. It would take additional code to make it not count a logged in person. The more additional code you add the slower the site will be, even if it is a micro second, it will add up.

If we can figure out a clean way to do it when we redesign we can do that, other wise I'm not sure what to say.
Honestly I'm glad your viewing your items, I honestly think some people do not take a second to review their work and view their item for correctness.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
I would think this would be an issue if you looked at each of your items 50 times a day - just take in to consideration your views.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
It's no big deal.   I don't know about the rest of you but it gives me an extra shot at proof reading.   Hopefully  we'll have more views than our own.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »
I frequently view other shops.  I am logged in when I do, so I should be counted, so the "fix" is not to exclude "logged in."  The code to exclude the same person as the shop would be rather cumbersome; since I do not look at my own items that often I really do not think that should be a real concern.  BTW, if you "relist" an item, your view count starts over at zero.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »
I understand why a seller would not want to have  their views counted in their own shop.  Doing this would not show the actual views from potential buyers.  The other sites I am on don't count the seller's views in their own shop when they are logged on.  I view my own listings when posting the links to them to other sites for backlinks, and that could add up.  I don't know how the other sites do it or what is involved, but it would be nice to know how many potential buyers viewed my items and not have them mixed in with my views.

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »
We could all practice our first grade  "rifmatic" and  "take away"  the number of times we visit.  I really don't see a need for a redesign for what I'm paying.
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com