Author Topic: Email Sale Notification  (Read 1708 times)

Offline LilBitSassy

• View Profile
    • Lil' Bit Sassy
Email Sale Notification
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
First let me start by saying I love selling here. It's a great group, great people, great customers, however I do have one issue: I REALLY wish you would get an email notification when you get a sale. The reason being is because some of us sell on several venues and for that reason it's really nice being notified by that venue when you have a sale. Yes, you get a PP notification but PP doesn't tell you what site your item was bought from. It's just a little annoying that HAF is the only selling venue that doesn't notify you through email that you've made a sale.

Also, I wish that when you went to your pending orders there would be dates on them. If you get a lot of orders it's really hard to tell when they came in (and since you don't get an email when you get a sale) and you can miss orders.

Just a couple things that need a bit of improvement IMO. Don't hurt me.

Offline MainelyNaturals

• View Profile
Re: Email Sale Notification
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:59:16 AM »
I am new here and good thing I read this. I just assumed that you would get an email when something sold. My paypal emails usually end up in the spam folder.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:31 AM »
Welcome and hello to both of you!

You actually do get an email from here when you make a sale IF the customer waits for Paypal to return them to the site!  There's a 2-3 second delay on Paypal's end for some reason, and if the customer doesn't wait it through (they figure they are done, and click to go somewhere else), the email from here doesn't get sent!  This is one of those things that is being looked at to find a way to always get the email from here generated.

Offline MainelyNaturals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »
Yes, many people will not wait the few seconds to be transferred back to the site.  I will keep on top of paypal notifications for now.

Thanks!

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
If you move the e-mail from you spam folder and into your inbox folder or mark it as not spam, then future e-mails from that address should go in you inbox.

Offline MainelyNaturals

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
That doesn't work with paypal.I do get some of the payment notifications and some I don't. They are addressed as coming from the buyer, not paypal so if that buyer is on a spam list, it goes to spam.  And because I have my own website and I get LOTS of spam from fake Paypal addresses.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 08:07:31 AM »
Yes it is a quirk we have to work out. Hopefully we'll get this sorted with paypal on the new version.

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 12:45:51 PM »
I get my email of sale notifications! I hope you get your end resolved OP.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
I get the email from HA & the email from Paypal, but *just in case*, once a day or so I check my account here for pending orders.  I don't trust Paypal to work properly and I don't trust people to wait to come back here.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
I put a note in every listing to please return to the product page after paying. 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com