Author Topic: Donations for the Forum, Blog, & Team  (Read 21470 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Donations for the Forum, Blog, & Team
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 08:22:18 AM »
Well the new theme is the secret if nobody has figured it out yet. We have a kind person Jade who is working on this for us pro-bono but I have sent her a contribution (lunch money) and hope to send her more  for her efforts. I think the new theme and layout will help the navigation between the forum and blog.

We have had a downside though since I moved the project wonderful ads from the top of the forum to the right side bar the ads have not built back up to where they were yet. They are only bringing in about a third of what they were. The ads help pay for the my advertising for the forum, blog and etsy team site also for the hosting and any donations we give to our forum tech person Jade.

So instead of donations, although those are definitely welcome, you can advertise on project wonderful with our ad box the link is here http://www.projectwonderful.com/advertisehere.php?id=36115&type=4 . This ad box displays on all 4 of my sites including the forum here, http://handmadeartistsforum.com/, http://makinthebestofit.com/, and http://chainmaillebymboi.com/ .

So instead of donations you can get some bang for your buck and advertise with us instead. It's up to you right now the ads are not covering what I'm spending on the my advertising for this site and the blog and team site much less the monthly hosting fee. I know this will change as the site continues to grow and continue to get better but I figured I'd throw it out there to members that any little bit will help and is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all your support and I look forward to building and developing this community for years to come. I think with a little work we will become a powerhouse in the handmade industry and you guys will be there for the ride. I'm excited! ;D

Andrew

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 08:33:36 AM »
Powerhouse?  No ego there darling!

I wanted to add, please don't feel obligated.  We are in a tight spot and understand if it isn't there it isn't there-can't get blood from a turnip as they say.

Advertising by word of mouth is just as effective!  Blogs, twitter, Etsy, ArtFire, etc bring in new members and help us grow.

Thanks for everyones work and effort to make this one of the fastest growing forums I've ever been a part of.  It is so exciting to watch such an amazing bunch of talent come together and support handmade and each other.

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
Hmmm... I hit the donate button to give back a little but nothing happened???

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »
Hmmm... I hit the donate button to give back a little but nothing happened???

It's fixed now I had to move it to the top it wouldn't work on the bottom for some reason.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 12:44:06 PM »
I would like to thank Gina's Jewels for her kind donation!

Thanks so much!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
I would like to thank Dragonclaw for his kind donation to the forum, we can use all the help we can get so thanks so much we appreciate it!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 08:40:27 PM »
I would like to thank ckimon for her kind donation to the forum it is greatly appreciated and will help pay for hosting and our advertising campaigns on project wonderful.
Thanks again.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »
I would like to thank Kara from Love for Earth for her kind donation to the forum, that will definitely help a lot.
Thanks again.

Andrew

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 07:35:59 AM »
Thanks to some of the recent donations the forum has made a small donation to our tech person Alundra who is currently working on a new theme for our forum.
Thanks for everyone's support.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »
I would like to thank seedlings for her kind donation to the forum, although your participation in the forum with the featured member ads and the twitter outreach is far more important to the forum then any monetary donation that you could give, your donation is greatly appreciated and graciously accepted.

Once again thank you for your generosity.

seedlingsjewelry

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 06:22:17 PM »
I had 5 sales on Friday night and see this forum as a direct feed into my success so very happy to be able to toss into the tip jar so to speak  :-*

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 05:14:49 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I recently upgraded the servers for the forum and blog and doubled their capacity and therefore double the cost. Whenever we had any traffic rushes the forum would freak out as well as the blog and it would take a couple of minutes before someone could get back in. It also slowed things down as the resources where tapped to the max. Well not anymore! We should be flying fast again and I should hopefully stop getting error messages when we get traffic surges.

So anyway your donations to this point have been greatly appreciated and I hope that an occasional donation will still be forthcoming to help with the financial burdens that running this site puts on me.

Thanks for everything and enjoy the new ultimate profile as I didn't want to add this before I upgraded things as it would just be too taxing on the servers.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »
I would like to extend a belated thank you to MrsWTownsend for her kind donation to the forum a couple of months ago. I got so busy I forgot my manners, thanks again.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »
Thanks so much that is very kind, I just upgraded the servers so that helps.
Thanks again!

Offline MelanieMiljan

• View Profile
    • Jewelry by Melanie Miljan
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 07:22:20 PM »
I will donate 1$ from every sale referred by the HAFTEAM.  Enter in the coupon code Hafteam on checkout.  I will make the donations at the end of everyweek.  This is valid in 2 or my stores
http://www.MelanieMiljan.Etsy.com and
http://www.SilverLaceWeddings.Etsy.com

Hopefully this will help!  This site has helped to navigate the every changing world of online selling.
Thanks
Melanie