Author Topic: Pricing and other stuff  (Read 1968 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Pricing and other stuff
« on: March 09, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
I  finally outdid  Internet Explorer.   I removed the SSL state in the internet options and now I can jump right in here on the first try.   
I am  going to start making rag dolls which I haven't  made since the 1970s  and at that time  the  custom was to charge 3 times what it cost to make an item.  Is that still the rule?  Each doll  will be different since they aren't mass produced and will have my  name tag.  I am thinking $65.00 each plus shipping.  Does this seem reasonable?    Thanks
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: Pricing and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
That formula is still used by many. As for your final price, you have to decide what's going to work for you. It's kind of a trial and error thing, but eventually you get it right.
when you list, get the best pictures you can and have a very good description. People need as much information as you can give them Good luck! I look forward to seeing the dolls!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
Do you have any photos of your old ones and info on how they're made?  That would affect my response regarding acceptable pricing.  Obviously they should be more than mass-produced, and I'm assuming they're attractive and well-made, but I'd need to see.  There are dolls and there are dolls, y'know?

Offline ErinsInspirations

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »
The formula that I have in my pricing template is cost of materials + cost of time to make * 2= recommended wholesale price *2 = recommended retail price.

There are other formulas out there, but this us worked for me with my jewelry shop.