Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1262291 times)

Offline kimvee

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2685 on: June 13, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »
Hi to all. I am new as of 4 days ago. My name is Kim and I am still in process of setting up my shop here. I have been crafting since I was 5, so about 10 years (give or take 40+ more). I mostly make jewelry now but still handle other media projects on request or for a change of scenery. Thus far I have 3 items listed, spent more time setting up the graphics and info to continue my brand consistency, but will add more as time allows (and as my camera decides to be kind and magically turn my pictures into usable visuals). ;) LOL

As I gather info on how to participate properly and get the rhythm of posting and pinning on the various social media sources, I will be more vocal and visit as I can.

Thanks for reading my condensed intro. I look forward to growing with the Handmade Artists Shop Community.

Kind Regards, Kim (Kimmi)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: June 13, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »
Welcome Kim, jump in and make yourself at home!

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 13, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm so glad to be back! I'm actually re-introducing myself here. I used to be on here all the time under the name "CraftedRoots". I can't figure out how to get back into that account, so I just made a new one. :) If you remember, I used to make macrame jewelry and my husband made pottery. Well, he still makes pottery, and we're beginning to make soap now (after talking about it for about 5 years :P)! I'm so glad to see this website is still around and thriving! I can't wait to get reacquainted with some of you and get to know the rest of you!

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: June 13, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
And, oookay, it actually has me logged in as CraftedRoots, even though it said my email wasn't working and that I used a different username, so....okay! Lol!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: June 13, 2015, 08:46:04 PM »
Welcome back Crafted! Great to have you with us again! 8)

Offline HYJackArt

• View Profile
Hi! I am Jackie Hyder
« Reply #2690 on: June 15, 2015, 05:01:17 PM »
 I am an embroiderist and painter. I offer patterns, custom paintings/portraits and prints of my original work. I am reasonably confident in my workmanship. Unfortunately, I suspect I could not sell a box of chocolates to a 5 year old for free. My Avatar is a selfie of my eldest grandson and I . He is now 16, and much taller than I . I am 55 years old.

I have been on Etsy for one year in August. I feel lost in the crowd. I, also, do not like competing with Frozen prints and the infamous Threebirdsnest. Your site intriques me. I am very likely to list my shop here soon. I have a few questions before I do. I hope it is okay to ask them here. i sell custom portraits and digital download patterns and prints of my own work. I can do that here, right?  Also, on Etsy, digital prints are automated, but they will not be here, right? Can I set my items up to link to my Etsy items, so that customers can just use that automated system? Can I give links to my pinterest, facebook or twitter to customers?

Also, I read on one of the forums that you do not allow the use of things like disney work , items that might have copyright issues? Is that stated somewhere as a site policy? Again, I am tired of having to compete with Frozen prints.

One more question. Is there a place I can see statistics such as how much traffic the site has? how many sales?

I very much look forward to interacting with all of you!!

Thanks, Jackie
Jackie Hyder

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 16, 2015, 12:19:34 PM »
Welcome Jackie!! Jump in and make yourself at home :D

Offline crafterslounge

• View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 23, 2015, 08:57:48 AM »
Hello,

I am Jessica from the Crafters Lounge Marketing Team (http://www.crafterslounge.com)

We are here to help you to increase your exposure!

To learn more about crafters lounge don´t hesitate to check our website.

Jessica.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2693 on: June 23, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
Welcome to the new peeps!

Offline NaturallyNickelFree

• View Profile
    • Naturally Nickel Free
« Reply #2694 on: July 16, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »
Hi! I have come the long way around to setting up shop at Handmade Artists - I made the decision to leave ArtFire after much deliberation, and it has been a long year since this decision has been looming a little closer with every change they make. I finally decided it was taking too much of a bite out of me. I do have a nice shop at SupaDupa, and it's nice to have a place with a few "bells and whistles," but I'm very sorry to let the marketplace experience go, including active forums with people who actually care. My knowledge of HAS goes back almost as long as I was at ArtFire (5 years) and I already know some of you out there. But I haven't really set up shop here until now, and ... well, it feels like home.

I'm so grateful for you guys to stick with the handmade model as if it really matters who makes it and where it comes from. Also, I am not interested in supporting Amazon or Etsy with my shop dollars and effort - if handmade folks don't support small business, who will? Anyway, I'm happy to be here.

Here's the start I've made on my shop so far: Naturally Nickel Free at Handmade Artists

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: July 17, 2015, 05:29:09 AM »
Welcome Donna, jump in and make yourself at home!

Offline GlitteringPrizeGlass

• View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 02, 2015, 10:15:35 AM »
Hello there

I'm Trudi and I'm a lampwork artist based in the UK!

I've been melting glass since 2007 ... and haven't looked back since! Most of my work is with bright and happy colours, I just seem to be drawn to them.

As well as making beads I have also written tutorials for several magazines including Beads & Beyond, Bead, Soda Lime Times (emagazine) and have a tutorial online for Beads of Courage UK!

I have just started my shop .... made sure I had my bannar and avatar all done and my policies ready too. So far a couple of lisitngs while I find my feet.

Looking forward to having a nose around!

Trudi x

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #2698 on: August 02, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
We are so glad to meet you, Trudi!  Please ask if you have any questions at all.

Offline GlitteringPrizeGlass

• View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 02, 2015, 05:14:27 PM »
Thank you.

I have had a couple of issue but I've put them on the help section ... Hopefully someone will be able to answer them for me!

But I have noticed that I seem to have had a very high number of views already on my items .... They seem very very high to me ... I've compared them to similar items from other sellers who have been on for a while and mine seem to be double. While it seems nice, I do wonder if the figures are right ......