Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1212393 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2580 on: March 01, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »
Welcome Jade! Jump in and make yourself at home.

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: March 01, 2014, 04:20:02 PM »
Hi Jade, Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site & find lots of inspiration and success here. Lisa

Offline nellielaan

• Beadwear
    • View Profile
    • nellielaan.weebly.com
« Reply #2582 on: March 09, 2014, 11:28:32 AM »
Hi everyone, I recently started a shop here after just not feeling the Etsy for the past few years (but my son bought some nice gifts from China on there  ;) )
I have another site on Weebly which is stand alone, but this here is a good reason for me to actually finish pieces that have been laying around my work space. I love to start projects and  not finish.
I used to do art, craft and boutique shows in the 90s, loom knit knitwear, wall hangings, lots of images which I now do in jewelry. Still trying to figure out how to put links with products and my bio.
Just wanted to introduce myself, my shop is a work in progress and as a hobby. I can't stop making things, it keeps me sane and occupied.
Nellie Laan Marcus

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: March 09, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »
Welcome Nellie, jump in and make yourself at home!

Offline nellielaan

• Beadwear
    • View Profile
    • nellielaan.weebly.com
« Reply #2584 on: March 09, 2014, 07:15:57 PM »
So much to do, I overlooked the links and how easy it is in the product section :P
now to add it to my signature etc , thanks!
Nellie Laan Marcus

• View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: March 10, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Hi Nellie, Nice to meet you. Welcome to the site, hope you have lots of fun and success here. Lisa

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: March 11, 2014, 07:12:02 AM »
Welcome to all the newcomers!  Jump in and have a look around and if you have any questions....yell!!!  We have a number of people that are usually pretty happy to chime in.

Offline Cynfulart

• View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: March 12, 2014, 01:07:07 AM »
I'm Cyn, hola!  I was born to a golden haired lady & had 2 sisters.  My mom married a man with 3 boys with dark hair.  Oh wait, that's the Brady Bunch!  I am 45, I live in Dayton, OH also known as "little New York City", no, not really.  Seriously, ever since I was a little kid I created.  When I was 4 I painted rocks and sold them door to door until my parents caught me.  My big brother was always my best customer.  I used to make Barbie & Ken furniture and clothes for them.  Thank goodness we didn't have all the cool stuff kids have now or maybe I wouldn't have always been creative.

About 3 years ago I had a table in an antique/thrift store and had a blast selling there.  I mostly sold small antiques and jewelry that I made.  At that time I was only making beaded bracelets.  The store closed after I was there for about 6 months.  I got really busy with life & stopped making jewelry. I lost my job in September due to not being able to breathe to go into work EVERY day. So, with free time on my hands I pulled out my jewelry making tool box, started watching "how to" videos to learn different techniques. It's funny how being broke has lifted my creativity and helped me to think outside of the box.  Who needs to buy silver charms when there are soup cans in the trash!!  Anyway, I've become addicted to Steampunk ideas- I want to learn how to do everything-

I've always steered clear of selling online because I didn't want to deal with shipping!  So, here I am.. I might have questions for everyone, bear with me!  I've spent DAYS, no, WEEKS trying to find the RIGHT website to try to sell my soul, I mean my art.  It feels like I'm in the right place.
Peace, Love, Bubblegum, Cyn   :-\

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2588 on: March 12, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »
Welcome, fellow buckeye! I'm in NE Ohio. Have a look around and ask away any questions you might have - tons of helpful folk around here :D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: March 12, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »
Welcome to all the newcomers, make yourself at home and get to know some of us!

• View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: March 12, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
Hi Cyn, Nice to meet you. Welcome, hope you have lots of fun & success here. Check out the Highlights tab, to see a good selection of what is available here, & how creative everyone is. Lisa

Offline Cynfulart

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: March 13, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »
Thank you Lisa!!  I can't wait to get started!!  I've been selling so far just from listing pictures on my Facebook & it was suggested that I find something like this... so far I'm glad I picked this one!!!   ^-^ Cyn

JazzyBeads

« Reply #2592 on: March 14, 2014, 01:11:31 AM »
Hi - my name is Marcia & I joined Handmade Artists on March 5th.  I only have 15 of my handmade jewelry listed in my booth, Jazzy Beads, but plan on adding more soon.

Beading was a hobby for me about five years ago and I was addicted!  All of my relatives and friends loved my designs and suggested that I sell on-line which I have been doing now for the last five years.  I started on Bonanza and have been doing well for the last year on Etsy and eBay.  I am always looking for new opportunities to sell my jewelry so I decided to list here. 

Please stop by and say hello and check out my handmade bracelets, necklace sets, watches along with my popular sports jewelry.

Offline jolenemacinjax

• Live for Today - No One is Promised Tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Southern Women Crafts
« Reply #2593 on: March 14, 2014, 07:16:04 PM »
WOW! lots of new people since the last time I read the Forum. My mom and I would like to welcome you and we look forward to seeing all the great handcrafted items on your shops!

Cheers and Have a great day.
 8)

JazzyBeads

« Reply #2594 on: March 14, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »
Hi jolenemacinjax  - thanks for the welcome.  If you need any custom jewelry if you do not see your size or color for any of my handmade jewelry, please let me know.  Have a great weekend.  Marcia, Jazzy Beads