Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1200846 times)

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2295 on: March 14, 2013, 05:50:08 AM »
Welcome to all the folks. I have created a highlight for spring that is for the new members. If you had your shop link in your signature a may have picked one of your items.

https://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/Spring%20Is%20In%20The%20Air%20From%20Our%20New%20Members/?id=201303140547089a6f7

Good luck to all of you and your shops.

Offline designingrose

• Hi Rachel Rose here
    • View Profile
    • https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesigningRoseStore?ref=si_shop
« Reply #2296 on: March 15, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
Hi my name is Rachel Rose and I'm very new here.  I'm also on artfire and etsy.  I've got a B.F.A. in painting from Univ.of KS.  I paint with everything including,pastels,water colors,acrylics,bead weaving,knitting,tatting,crochet,polymer clay and everything else.  I've also taught many of these skills.  I love working in and learning a new technique.  I tend to pick up and enjoy the bead weaving best.  My husband takes my photos and does some of my computer work.  I'm tech challenged,in fact,machines used to suicide around me.   :-[ I've gotten somewhat better since then.  I can use tools now and the computer still works.   I'm on line because I love to work,but I'm not so good at getting out.  I've got 5 kids and 3 cats and I've been married most of my life.  My youngest is a 13 attention deficit,diabetic boy.  I need to be available for the school nurse to keep in touch.  My son is doing very well,but that partially because we are all on top of his condition.  I also have a problem with attention deficit.  I'm going to try to get around and look at your shops,but this will take me some time.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: March 15, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »
Welcome Rachel!

Offline AlgriumEngraving

• View Profile
    • Algrium Engraving & Jewelry
« Reply #2298 on: March 16, 2013, 04:46:42 PM »
Now that I have added all my listings, here is me.
I started the art of sandblast engraving in 1998 after leaving a company I worked for, of 18 years. I did some research on what equipment I would need to pursue my new found hobby, I got tips and help from some specific sandblasting forums. With no one in my area to show me the correct methods and procedures, it was an expensive learning curve. After about six months of trial, and many errors, I started to get some skill and techniques on how to do things.

At first it was going to be just a hobby, however, as the skills and techniques started to get better and better, I started to enjoy what I was doing and learning. After attending some craft fairs and farmers markets I became even more enthused, because of the positive remarks I was getting from people that were looking and buying my products.  They were very excited because of the uniqueness of my work.

Over the last few years I have continually been improving my skills and techniques providing customers with better and better quality engravings.  Many customers come back time after time, for more items or ask to have custom orders made. With people enjoying what I make, I guess I will continue to be very busy making more people happy.

I take pride in what I do and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nat Franklin

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: March 16, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
Welcome Nat, glad to have you with us!

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #2300 on: March 17, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
Hello new people!  Great to see new faces (avatars) on the side bar!  Looking forward to checking out all the goodies in the new shops!

Offline daydreemz

• Come Day Dream With Me
    • View Profile
    • Day Dreams
« Reply #2302 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
Hi All,

I'm Sherri of Day Dreams Custom Sewing & Handmade Gifts. www.daydreemz.net

I guess I put the cart before the horse here.  I explored a little, then added one or two items to see how they went.  So far, so good and added a few more items.

There are more items to add; however, I am in the middle of packing to move, preparing for my first Gallery Show Case in Omaha, and filling orders at the same time. 

My impression of HAF is 2 Thumbs Up (and more). I left Etsy out of frustration with the format, thousands of NOT HANDMADE products that were over running true handmade products with photos that were photoshopped to perfection.

More about me on my profile.  I don't like talking about me, but about my work instead.   
Sewing, Crochet, Knitting, writing  are all my passions, along with reading, family time, grand children time, etc.

I think I have ADD when it comes to my work - "Absolutely Don't Disrupt" because I really hate recounting stitches :)    Enough of all that.  Great community, people and format.  Thank you so much for creating this!

http://www.daydreemz.net/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/daydreemz
https://twitter.com/NE_daydreemz

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:30:00 AM by daydreemz »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: March 20, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »
Welcome Sherri Great to have you with us!!!

Offline sonyaleigh

• View Profile
    • sonyaleighdesigns.com
« Reply #2305 on: March 20, 2013, 08:37:52 PM »
Hello!
I'm Sonya Leigh and I opened my store a month or two ago. I haven't sold anything yet, but hopefully I can figure things out. I make jewelry and it is my passion. I live in the midwest and I have two daughters graduating from College in May.
This is one way I want to generage income and if anyone has any tips or suggestions, I could sure use them.
Looking forward to meeting some great friends here!

Offline OrangeDogCrafts

• View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: March 21, 2013, 09:56:20 AM »
Hi Sonya! & hi everyone else a well!

My name is Mandy.  My business is Orange Dog Crafts.  I just opened my shop yesterday & am fumbling my way through.  I hand embroider, paint, knit, & sometimes mosaic.  I found this site through the Etsy forums (where I also have a shop).  I am hoping to gain more exposure here, as my views on Etsy are virtually nonexistent.  I am excited to be here and am hoping this venue will help me find an audience for my work. 

Wishing you all success!
Mandy 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: March 21, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Welcome Mandy, jump in and enjoy!

Offline TreeCraftDiary

• made by hand, crafted by heart
    • View Profile
    • Tree Craft Diary - handcrafted jewelry of natural stone ingredients
« Reply #2308 on: March 21, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
Hi all!!
I am new to Handmade Artists! Just signed up yesterday.
I am doing handcrafted jewelry of natural stone ingredients.
I was from Etsy (and still there), wish I could boost up some sales here!!
Thanks everyone!!

Here is my other information:
Etsy shop: treecraftdiary.etsy.com
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/TreeCraftDiary
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TreeCraftDiary
Email: treecraftdiary@gmail.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: March 22, 2013, 07:22:19 AM »
Welcome to handmade artists! Jump in and enjoy :D