Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1227715 times)

Jeanne

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2009, 08:39:34 AM »
Craft "junkies" are the best!!!

;D

Welcome to the group, everyone.

Jeanne

Offline Cevulirn

• View Profile
    • The Art Of Wire
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2009, 09:41:27 PM »
Hi, I'm Cevulirn.

Actually, my name is Ben.   I make stuff.    Lots of stuff.    I've even got a website for some stuff.    www.ArtOfWire.com
I make more then that though.   I dabble in chainmaille, and I've made some really cool stuff with a table saw. (Chess boards, swords, butterfly knives, a puzzle box, etc.)

Well, thats me.
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2009, 09:12:07 AM »
Keep at it Roronoagirl it's good to know what you like at a young age, so many of us  (including me) dont figure that out for a very LONG time.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
Welcome KnitzAndFeltz!  I just glanced at your shop, and with the cold damp weather here your scarves look just yummy.

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »
Hi all!

I am the photo/computer/new idea part of unkamengifts. Husband-Ralph, DD-Leah, do all the actually jewelry making-I don't know the difference between a cutter and a plier...and that's fine with me!

DD has always had a creative streak and had a friend show her some jewelry basics about 4 years ago. DH is a semi-retired engineer. He started with fixing and adjusting my store-bought jewelry, then bought a chainmaille kit...and was hooked.

The kids(DD-16, DS-12) are homeschooled; we travel the US in a 40 foot Motorhome, when we aren't at our new home in Missouri. We are currently packing up our old home in Texas.

While we like straight chainmaille, we like to mix it up and reach a more mainstream audience.

We have been on Etsy for about 1 1/2 years-and pretty happy with the shop....but hoping to drive more traffic! I am new on twitter, and facebook....and here:-)

Looking forward to learn more and connect more!

Karen

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
Welcome KarenH and KnitzAndFeltz  glad to see you here and feel free to post all your work in the gallery.
Enjoy

Offline mystapring

• I am a sculptress and a painter.
    • View Profile
    • Mistys Musings
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »
Take a minute to tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Misty, Im a painter and sculptress, I enjoy doing many kinds of art, and hope to show you a few of my creatons.

mystapring

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »
Welcome misty great to see you here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Great dragon by the way you should post him in the gallery when you get a chance or one of your others. Once again welcome.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 03:44:19 PM »
I don't even know what to say about that dragon except WOW!  Absolutely beautiful!

Offline GalleriaLinda

• View Profile
    • GalleriaLinda Handmade Contemporary Beaded and Silver Wire Jewelry
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am Linda, the name behind GalleriaLinda Handmade Contemporary Beaded and Silver Wire Jewelry that I started about 2-1/2 years go.

I wanted so badly to take jewelry classes in college but did not have the time for those credits. I have been making jewelry things for myself since college (a WHILE ago) but as with many of you, was urged by friends to put my designs for sale online.

I am a marketing communications consultant for small businesses by day, so my jewelry business is part time and I yearn for much more time with it. There are so many things I want to try. Sometimes I lay awake at night mentally pouring over the beads and materials I have in inventory to think up new designs. Nerdy, I know....I know.

In January, I thought I would merge my offline business sense with my online marketing knowledge from what I learned when I started (I read and read and read about online marketing) and created a blog for indie artists who sell online. You can see it here at http://IndieCEO.blogspot.com.

My first venue was Etsy but I have now come to love http://www.iCraft.ca/gallerialinda for my handmade jewelry. I get many more views and sales. I also have some vintage items on http://gallerialinda.artfire.com and have tried some other venues with no success.

I tweet (@gallerialinda - follow me!) too and am on many online handmade networking sites.

And, my own web site is http://www.gallerialinda.com.

Glad to be here!

Linda

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009, 05:16:39 PM »
Welcome GalleriaLinda great to see you here! Feel free to post any of your creations in the gallery and have fun.

Jeanne

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »
Welcome to everyone that introduced themselves today.  You will find that this is a fun group, unless Andrew is being obnoxious - picking on Kim or Deb...or they keep telling me I am senile...I guess I am the grandma of the group.

;D

Jeanne

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 05:22:09 PM »
Welcome to everyone that introduced themselves today.  You will find that this is a fun group, unless Andrew is being obnoxious - picking on Kim or Deb...or they keep telling me I am senile...I guess I am the grandma of the group.

;D

Jeanne

We are fun...keeps us young.  By the way; we love our grandma!

Jeanne

« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »
Thank you, I think, Kim.  Aren't I only old enough to be your mother, Kim, or did I age some more today and some one forgot to tell me?

???

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »
Welcome atouchofglassjewelry  great to see you here and I look forward to input. Post some of your pictures in the gallery so that we can comment on them individually.
Again welcome!