Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 600645 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »
other half
Thanks honey I figured you would of went with the general majority as being my BETTER half :D
Number one, BETTER half goes without saying...number two, aren't you supposed to be working now???

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 10:00:50 AM »
Runs off to work 8)

IcedAdornments

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 11:43:11 AM »
Hi there Everyone!

I'm Elizabeth, of Iced Adornments Jewelry. I've been making jewelry things since I was a teenager. In the past 3 years I have really worked towards trying to make some sort of a living from it. I'm another one of those eclectic sorts, doing everything from the simple little Scrabble and glass tiles, to a wee bit of metalsmithing. I love maille. Love Love Love it. I got really interested in it back when I worked for my then local Ren Faire in Kansas City. But I have only really been doing it for about a year now. Still have a bunch to learn, but that's the fun part (unless I am throwing my pliers across the room in frustration.. the walls don't think that's fun).

Right now I just have an artfire shop set up, and even then, it lacks any maille currently. Working on setting up Etsy as well.

Glad to meet all of you and can't wait to learn more!

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 12:25:18 PM »
LOL to the "buttox"!!!
And being the "better half" goes without saying.  ;-)
but seriously, I am very glad to have found you all here, and on your first day!!  Maybe I can actually keep up!

Goes without saying huh.................... walks away grumbling and kicking the dirt like a two year old

All said with tongue steadfastly stuck in cheek!!   ;D

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 03:23:34 PM »
Greetings!! My name is Laura. I currently am living in Standish, Michigan, but was born over in Ireland where my parents served as missionaries for 13 years and so lived there for much of my life.  I've been making jewelry in some form or another since I was six, but have only been making chainmaille for about 4 years.  I first ran across chainmaille completely by accident while looking up wire jewelry ideas and found some chainmaille patterns which I tried and was instantly hooked.  Currently I'm a college student working towards my Associates of Fine Arts (which I will be graduating with in a couple weeks  ;D) and intend  to go  on to get my BFA and eventually MFA in Jewelry Design and Metalsmithing.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 03:52:20 PM »
Welcome Laura glad you stopped by.

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »
Just to confuse everyone - I changed my user name from Chantillyviolin to AmongTheRuins.  Chantillyviolin is my alter ego and I want this one for myself.
 :D

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:52 PM »
First let me say  YEAH MICHIGAN.... Yes I know our state has 12% unemployment but I'm STILL HERE.

I've been mailling since August of 08.. yes last year. I'm addicted... obsessed and can't go anywhere without rings and pliers, even if I don't even touch them.
I am part of the 12 % of the jobless. I was laid off in February when I was about $600 into my ring collection. I decided to jump right in (wow the puns are just rolling on in).

My weave knowledge is not as broad as I would like. I am an avid worshiper of a few members here (Andrew and Kim and Legba, seeing their work on various other forums.) and hope to learn much from them.

I have NO Art training unless you consider eating paste artistic. I've dabbled in knitting, and counted cross stitch but they can't compare to metal rings!

Looking forward to sharing and learning from others.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »
Great to see you here ArmoredHearts and welcome to the addiction.

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 06:12:23 PM »
Hello,

I'm Debbie of DreamRiver Designs.  I am also one that goes to craft shows and said "I can make that"  however I never really did until  for some reason I got this wild idea to try maille.  This was after my father in law donated all of his beading supplies to me.  I like to bead also but my addiction is truly to maille. 

I am always amazed/intrigued but what skills and talents individuals have.  I look enviously at the wire work stuff but know that I could never do that, yet I hear the same remark said about me and maille.

Anyone here besides Legba do any SCA or renaissance events?

Offline Behindthepaint

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 08:56:56 PM »
  I am a stay at home mom of 2 and live in San Diego, CA. My daughter is 4 and has her own collection of chainmaille necklaces and bracelets. My son is 9 months old. And he is taking after my (soon to be) husband and daughter. I have to make four of everything, one to sell and three for them. I have been making chainmaille for a few years. I am completely addicted, I chainmaille anywhere and everywhere. There is a pair of pliers and rings in the diaper bag.
      My 2 personal chainmaille goals:

1: not have my husband walk away with something that isn't finished so 6 months later (when he finally is nagged into taking it off, mostly because the Faire/SCA season is over) I can finish it.

2: get pictures of said projects.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:05:55 PM by Behindthepaint »
"The winds of change have drifted upon us, with hurricane forces, and yet we've all landed perfectly on our feet."

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 09:01:58 PM »
Welcome, my wife and I a rolling on the floor about the pliers in the diaper bag. That is perfect.
Hope to see pictures of your creations soon.

Offline Behindthepaint

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 09:20:54 PM »
I hope to see pictures soon too lol... But I do know that with in the next month I will be making myself a necklace/bracelet/earring set for my wedding, that will definitely be something I take many pictures of. So during that time I will take pictures of all of my work.
"The winds of change have drifted upon us, with hurricane forces, and yet we've all landed perfectly on our feet."

IcedAdornments

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »
lol I so know about having to make extra. I have a 3 year old daughter who has a nice collection of various jewelry pieces. What cracks me up is she asks for earrings, and her ears aren't even pierced!

Jeanne

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 09:41:49 AM »
Hello, Everyone...

I decided that since Andrew was kind enough to make me a moderator I would tell everyone a little about myself.

I am an ADDICT....lol...addicted to learning, not drugs or alcohol.  If something attracts my eye on the net, I have to find a way to make it.  Now, that doesn't mean I spend my time copying what someone else makes, just that I have to figure out the concept behind it and design my own piece.  I don't sell my work simply because that would mean I would have to make more than one piece, which I usually don't. 

Right now I am working my way through chain maille designs.  I have done a byzantine bracelet, and some Japanese weave earrings, some mobius flowers, and a 4 in 1 scalloped bracelet.  I learned a celtic weave, but after making a couple of parts, I realized I didn't like it.  There are others that I learned, but can't remember the names of. 

I also bead dolls, and bead jewelry.  I want to learn how to wire wrap a pendant properly, but haven't gotten to that yet. 

Painting, drawing, crocheting, knitting, and anything that, as I said before, strikes my eye I have done. Of course all that I have mentioned are things that are self taught.

This is me and if you want more knowledge...my website is
http://gammiebrat.blogspot.com/

Gammie, cause this is what my 6 grandchildren call me and brat, cause that's what I am.   ;D

I look forward to being active on this forum and getting to know everyone,

Jeanne