Author Topic: Steampunk With A Twist  (Read 10413 times)

Jeanne

Re: Steampunk With A Twist
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 11:51:11 PM »
Who sleeps?

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 04:04:34 PM »
I have yet to dream about making a piece...I guess I haven't quite "arrived" yet.   :(
I'll have to just keep on going!!!!

Jeanne

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »
I have yet to dream about making a piece...I guess I haven't quite "arrived" yet.   :(
I'll have to just keep on going!!!!
Oh, good heavens, your pieces don't suggest you haven't arrived.   :-* :-* :-*

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
I don't remember ever dreaming about beads or jewelry, but I do dream in color-very weird. Are there other things one could get parts from for 'steampunk' style stuff besides old watches and clocks? Old vcrs or something? I'm coming across old stuff that doesn't work during the move and I'm wondering, before I bother tearing stuff apart. Ideas anyone?

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
Hi Suzanne,
There are plenty of steampunk supplies on Etsy.  Just search for "steampunk" under supplies.  I get a lot of inspiration from just searching "steampunk jewelry" on etsy!  There's plenty of stuff on Ebay as well.
I got lucky with the parts - I stumbled on several bags full of antique watch parts at an antique store, just a week after I joined Etsy.  It was the steal of the century I found out later! 
You can use just about anything you want since art has no written rules!!  But if you want to remain "pure" in the steampunk genre, you would want to stick with mechanical parts of machines (including watches) from the steam age, and stay away from electrical things. 
I gotta tell you though, I have seen some pretty amazing art that uses electrical bits and pieces too!  It's just not called "steampunk".  It's more in the "altered art" category I guess.
Art is art and we are free to create whatever comes to mind!!  What fun!!
Hope that helps!
Kim

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 08:41:04 AM »
Me?  A better hold on sanity??

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  OH! You were just kidding!!!!!!!!!
 ;D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 09:30:27 AM »
Love the earrings.... I too dream in color and while I was on my trip I kept dreaming of finding rocks ;D

Jeanne

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 12:28:01 PM »

;D

Well, I know my own hold on sanity is tenuos at best so I was assuming that yours must be at least a little better! LOL! : ) I think most "artists" are rather nuts in general...not a bad thing though, it's where the creativity comes from ; )
I AM not NUTS. I AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTS....or maybe

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 01:06:06 PM »

;D

Well, I know my own hold on sanity is tenuos at best so I was assuming that yours must be at least a little better! LOL! : ) I think most "artists" are rather nuts in general...not a bad thing though, it's where the creativity comes from ; )
I AM not NUTS. I AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTSI AM not NUTS....or maybe

Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne...........give it up honey.  You're in good company!  Enjoy it!!!
 ^-^

Jeanne

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

;D

Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne...........give it up honey.  You're in good company!  Enjoy it!!!
 ^-^
Kim - thanks for setting me straight.  I am enjoying this insanity.  :'(

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »
How true!!!!!  (that we can't run from the truth-not that you are nuts-tho you probably are cuz you are an arteest!)

Jeanne

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »
How true!!!!!  (that we can't run from the truth-not that you are nuts-tho you probably are cuz you are an arteest!)

I love how you added an explanation.  Did you think she would think you were calling her nuts?  lol