Author Topic: HHHC #27 1/27 to 1/31  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Roziespearls

• Newborn & Toddler Bracelets
    • View Profile
Re: HHHC #27 1/27 to 1/31
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
I think that maybe every week is to much. What if you changed the contests to run for say 3 weeks with the first 5 days for entering. After the 5 day entries close. That might give people more time to get their entry in instead of 1 day. With maybe a reminder when entries start and then again somewhere in the middle of the contest reminding them to take a look. I put mine on Twitter yesterday don't know if anyone hit the link for the Highlight page but a few probably did. I just sent them to the page to keep it fair once they got their they picked what highlight they looked at. I didn't even say it was a contest. :o  Well, what do you guys think of this idea?
Tress

Offline OnFireforHandmade

• On Fire for Handmade
    • View Profile
    • On Fire for Handmade
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 12:05:38 PM »
I think that maybe every week is to much. What if you changed the contests to run for say 3 weeks with the first 5 days for entering. After the 5 day entries close. That might give people more time to get their entry in instead of 1 day. With maybe a reminder when entries start and then again somewhere in the middle of the contest reminding them to take a look. I put mine on Twitter yesterday don't know if anyone hit the link for the Highlight page but a few probably did. I just sent them to the page to keep it fair once they got their they picked what highlight they looked at. I didn't even say it was a contest. :o  Well, what do you guys think of this idea?
Tress
We can run longer than 1 week.. however - they do have the whole week to create a challenge... I do this on our Etsy Team every week and it seems to work out good there. I think it's just new and we need to get the word out.  I think we need to give it more time and see how it goes.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 03:04:56 PM »
My highlight was in honor of my father.
Anyway I just promoted Annes as well.
As far as making people get involved, I have no answers for that. Some weeks are better than others, the fact is people will do what they want to do.
My whole goal with this site and this promotion is that it is available for those who want to participate.
So whether each contest has tons of entries or just a few, the fact is that it is here and available for people to participate.
The more people shout about it, the more people will know about it.

Offline Roziespearls

• Newborn & Toddler Bracelets
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:49 PM »
I think once Handmade gets bigger over the next few years so will this contest. I'm really glad we got a few entries. Giving stuff away is good for the sole.
Tress

• On Fire for Handmade
    • View Profile
    • On Fire for Handmade
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 07:25:08 AM »
Congratz Yankee!

The Challenge Feature is up here http://onfireforhandmade.com/highlights-challenge-27-winner/

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:53:09 AM by OnFireforHandmade »

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:24 AM »
I think as the site grows...so will the contests, and promoting.  I know first hand how difficult is can be to get people involved, or to stay involved...with the blog ring, the twitter ring, etc...but that's ok, because...
I WON!! WAHOO! I WON!!   ;D
lol, Andrew, I'll share the prize with you!  (I'll send you a picture).  :P ^-^
Debbi

• On Fire for Handmade
    • View Profile
    • On Fire for Handmade
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
LOL -  you are too funny!