Author Topic: Finding the motivation to exercise  (Read 60158 times)

Offline RDHwirework

• View Profile
    • RDH wirework
Re: Finding the motivation to exercise
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
I constantly struggle to find motivation to exercise. I feel like I have no time, and right now I don't think I do. My time management is just horrible. I don't even have time for jewelry, mush less boring stuff like exercise. That being said, I have been changing my eating habits and have dropped 25 pounds (!?!) since Thanksgiving. Truth be told, I'm not sure exactly what I changed that caused such a huge drop, but I'm going to keep on with it and work in some exercise where I can. Hopefully we'll be above zero here in Wisconsin again soon so maybe I can even get outdoors. I'll try to cehck back in here whenever I need a boost! Good luck all!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 08:43:29 PM »
You all are doing great, because everyone is doing something.... :D ;)

I think my weight loss has stopped right now because I am gaining muscle mass, which is heavier...so...I need to get a good jumpstart....on something else....
Working with a dietitian on the 30th....to see what can be done about my sugar cravings....and chocolate cravings....

Keep it up girls...soon we will give Miss America a run for her money.... :laugh: :laugh:

Offline aimeesrockworks

• View Profile
    • Aimee's Rock Works
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
Three bits of advice from a fitness nut (I don't run marathons or anything 'really' crazy, but I'm pretty active and like to stay healthy).

1) Something my friends have luck with is picking local events and using those as motivation.  A 5k or a mini-tri or an organized bike ride, etc.  You just have to make sure you always keep one the list to do in the future.   ;)

2) Take a walk everyday.  The bonus here is that all you need is a comfy pair of shoes.  No icky gyms and no expensive equipment.  My motivation for daily walks is a psychotic 17-lb beastie who will eat my toes if I forget... a psychotic beastie of your own can be collected at the local animal shelter if that kind of equipment suits you.

3) My favorite exercise advice?  Ride a bike!  My husband and I took up mountain biking when we first met and I love it.  We even bought road bikes to 'stay in shape for mountain biking'.  (I will totally admit here that our yearly big vacation normally takes us to Moab Utah for a week of riding.  Yeah, okay, we're crazy.)

I worked at a bike shop for years and don't let anyone tell you that you need some fancy expensive bike.  The more you pay the less the bike weighs and that's something you can work up to.  Dust off the one in the garage, hit Craigslist, ask a friend... just make sure it's comfy to ride.  Oh, and wear a helmet pretty please.   8)

Now I want it to stop raining so I can go ride!  (It's our one concession over the years, no more nasty-weather-cold-n-wet rides)

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 02:34:27 PM »
Aimee, that was great info.

>Well I have not check in for a few days. The weather has been bad.  I did get a 2 mile walk in today, It is so beautiful out today. I even sat in the park and did a meditation. I needed that so bad.

>Well the sun is out and calling to me.

Keep up the exercise everyone, a little is better than nothing

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
I'd love to walk the beastie, but she's much more amenable to the crazy cold we've been having than I am.  I've also slacked a bit on exercising inside, but I've been eating much better and lost 3 lbs this week!

That's the incentive I needed to keep going.  I just needed to see it working, y'know?

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
Just returned from the Gym and had a session with the dietitian....a hand slapping session...LOL....but have been given a lot of tips that are workable for a single woman household, shopping and preparing meals....

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2013, 06:26:39 PM »
That's great Larissa. I wish I could loose some. My husband in not in the best of health and every pound he looses I gain.

Monica, take care of yourself.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2013, 01:38:07 AM »
I wish I could walk, I need to walk, was told 3 years ago to walk and more recently to walk on the beach in the soft sand.  Yeah right.  I can't walk on the firm sand much less the soft sand.  I so wish I could, it was beautiful out today. I did walk around the market which is less than a city block and about halfway through I had to force myself to finish just to get back to my table and that was it for me for the day, hips, knees, back are now completely out of whack.  Got to find another way, at least for now.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2013, 05:41:51 AM »
Well on Friday I had my stress test which also included the threadmil uphill no less, I think I did m exercise....LOL
Will be starting with the Gym again on Monday....in the meantime enjoy yourself in some rest....

Pam, I am so sorry, I can relate, there was a time were I couldn't either....

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
Thanks Monika, but I am one of those people who always refuse to give up.  I keep trying no matter the odds, so I will try again and again, just may need to try baby steps perhaps and i thought that was but maybe a bit smaller steps for a week or two and then step it up a bit.  I refuse to give up because for me to give up, the consequences are unacceptable.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:08 AM »
Pam I found that if I do a little everyday you can build on it.

I got my husband our yesterday to walk over to his mothers house ( she is not well). He is not well either. It is about a block not real far. He had to stop a couple of times, but he made it and I think when we got back he felt better. The fresh air makes a big difference also.

It looks like it is going to be nice today and even though I have alot of computer work today I am going to get a walk in.

Take a walk and do the body some got.  ;D  My words of wisdom today. ;D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »
Well, did just that, Karen...back from the gym...(smile)

Offline aimeesrockworks

• View Profile
    • Aimee's Rock Works
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
One thing I discovered for the nasty rainy days is streaming exercise video's on Netflix.   8)  I've never really been a fan of workout video's but some of the yoga/pilates combo's aren't half bad.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »
Well bad me. I have not been able to get any walks in for the past few days. My mother-in-law who is like a mother to me has been in the hospital with heart problems. She has had bypass surgery in the past and several stints. They found another blockage and put in another stint and she is coming home today and is doing much better. So I am playing catch up today. Maybe I can get back to my daily walks tomorrow.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
Karen, sometimes there are mor eimportant things in this world.... :D

Been still going and people tell me my close have been fitting better, so something is working.... :P
whatever it is..... :P