Poll

Karma should we keep it?

Yes keep it!
No dump it!

Author Topic: Karma Rating  (Read 9158 times)

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
Re: Karma Rating
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
To all,
Please use the Karma system responsibly or I will take it down. Some people are playing and that's fine. Just as long as everyone knows the Karma system is good fun and plays around that's cool but the first person that gets there feelings hurt because someone is being mean I'm turning it off.
so have fun with it give out positive, negative, doesn't matter just have fun and don't take it too seriously or I'll just turn it off.

Andrew-I don't think it is a matter of being mean at all. Some are in jest, such as yours. Some are because of negative vibes from answers given. This forum was set up to be encouraging and positive to all handmade artists. Maybe the ones who get negs should re-evaluate what they say, or how they say it?? This is only my opinion, but I think if a person cannot post something that is constructive and positive, then they should refrain from posting at all.  I dunno, but I tend to look at it as a learning experience, hopefully others will as well. I truly hope that you don't stop this because of one or two that have negs. Thank you for considering my post.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 05:40:05 PM »
To all,
Please use the Karma system responsibly or I will take it down. Some people are playing and that's fine. Just as long as everyone knows the Karma system is good fun and plays around that's cool but the first person that gets there feelings hurt because someone is being mean I'm turning it off.
so have fun with it give out positive, negative, doesn't matter just have fun and don't take it too seriously or I'll just turn it off.

Andrew-I don't think it is a matter of being mean at all. Some are in jest, such as yours. Some are because of negative vibes from answers given. This forum was set up to be encouraging and positive to all handmade artists. Maybe the ones who get negs should re-evaluate what they say, or how they say it?? This is only my opinion, but I think if a person cannot post something that is constructive and positive, then they should refrain from posting at all.  I dunno, but I tend to look at it as a learning experience, hopefully others will as well. I truly hope that you don't stop this because of one or two that have negs. Thank you for considering my post.

I was approached by a couple of members today in concern for the negative karmas, that is why I put the post up. As far as my negatives go I could care less  but I'm not pleased that certain people such as SuziesArmoire  has gotten negatives. She has worked very hard and I appreciate it, and I think they were undeserving.

I really don't know if the karma system is a good idea, I put it up when I upgraded the forum and think it could of been a bad decision.

I think I'll throw up a poll and let you guys decide.

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 05:53:53 PM »
Hello All,

I just voted to remove the karma feature as there is really no way for someone to objectively rate our members besides the postings and responses from members. 

I think it was a great idea, however I see that some bad apples might have considered rating someone on personal feelings rather than objectively as I noted above.

Unfortunately, I vote to remove it.

deb

there goes my rating  :o

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:46 AM »
Cast your vote! I'll leave it for the weekend and stop voting Monday Morning and the fate of the Karma System will then be decided.

Offline CassandrasCreations

• View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 08:45:14 AM »
And I am admitting NEITHER guilt or innocence,,,,just trying to make a point.  ;)

LOL Janelle.  :D

Doesn't matter to me if we have the karma or not.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 08:49:09 AM »
I'll admit it...I didn't like it from the beginning.  To much opportunity for people to rate personalities; and Lord knows that there are some really strong artist's personalities around.  That is one of the things, I believe, that makes a good artist.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »
I'm surprised to see Suzie with a couple of negatives!   
I think one of the things with the negative - is there is no way to know why someone is giving someone that - unless they send them a message and tell them! 

Can we just have the plus and not the minus????

Personally I was  thrilled when I got my 1st + and super thrilled to see I have 5 +'s!  Little things make me soooo happy!  Makes me think somebody out there likes me! lo :D
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »
I changed the look of the Karma, so it doesn't show positive and negatives, it only shows the total Karma. Maybe that's the way to go.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 12:08:23 PM »
Yeah - that's better! 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 12:11:45 PM »
I reset the votes to 0 so if you already voted you have to vote again if you want it to count.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
I changed the look of the Karma, so it doesn't show positive and negatives, it only shows the total Karma. Maybe that's the way to go.

That was a great idea, Andrew. It's really too bad someone's feelings got hurt. Maybe someone was jesting there as well, I can only hope so. I like the new karma thing.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 12:48:13 PM »
I'll admit it...I didn't like it from the beginning.  To much opportunity for people to rate personalities; and Lord knows that there are some really strong artist's personalities around.  That is one of the things, I believe, that makes a good artist.

So true Kim.

I sent you a pm with my link to my favorite item for the postcard thingie  :)

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
I'll admit, I voted to dump the Karma thing.  I just found out what it was, and I'm too OCD and an Eneogramic 3 to not take it seriously.  I just don't need more stress in my life.  Jewelry is all about balance & peace!   ^-^

Hope I don't offend anyone!

I have to agree with Sheran.

I don't think it's productive in any way even with just a flat Karma score-would still make those with a low score wonder why. My opinion-the forum is working the best the way it is-with lots of encouragement for all artists, and 'critiques' when asked for. Everyone's degree of sensitivity is different, and we all take things in different ways. I think the straight-forward way of posting a reply to each other's work, etc...is the best option, that way everyone knows where everyone else is coming from-nothing hidden  ;D

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
Sorry this poll sort of got lost so I moved it here so we don't forget I'll let the poll go to next Tuesday and end it then so vote so we can make a decision. Thanks