Author Topic: Pay Pal Issue  (Read 2067 times)

Offline LilBitSassy

• View Profile
    • Lil' Bit Sassy
Pay Pal Issue
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
I have had my first two orders on here and I've noticed that for some reason, when I go to PP to print out my labels it tells me the user has an unverified address so I can't print out a label. I'm not sure if it's because people aren't verifying when they sign up to PP or if it's a PP issue. I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Pay Pal Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:26 AM »
Never had this issue, but I would think that it would be an issue of buyers not verifying their address.  However, I did not think that Paypal would complete the process without the verification.  Not sure here.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 10:56:01 AM »
I know one of those sales is me.  I can tell you in my case, we moved in September and paypal was a total pain in the ass about letting us change the account address.  It's still got the old addy saved AND the new one.  So that may be the issue.  Please, whatever you do, use the Franklin Lakes address.   :)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
You can still print out the shipping label from paypal. You just have to type in the address

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »
Hey Sassy, you're in Meadville, PA? You're only about an hour from me - That's cool!  ;D

PS You may want to put your shop/s, facebook, twitter, blog etc. links in your signature so we can easily find you! (go to forum profile - top left - then put links in the signature box)

Offline LilBitSassy

• View Profile
    • Lil' Bit Sassy
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 11:08:10 AM »
I did use the Franklin Lakes address for you, Larissa.

The payment is going through, just the "print shipping label" feature is not there if buyers aren't verifying their addresses. I can use the mult-shipping feature to print the labels but it's a bit of a hassle having to write down the address on the HAF order and then put it in the PP shipping. I'm lazy--I just like to hit that "print shipping label" on the PP payment.

Where are you located Blue Highways?

http://www.LilBitSassy.com
https://handmadeartists.com/shop/LilBitSassy
https://www.goodsmiths.com/lil-bit-sassy
https://www.lilyshop.com/store/LilBitSassy
FB:

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Cool, thanks!  It's a gift for a friend whose favorites sport is NASCAR.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Roaming Shores, OH. due west of you - I'm on the other side of the Pymatuning Reservoir

Offline LilBitSassy

• View Profile
    • Lil' Bit Sassy
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 08:16:40 AM »
Oh wow--that's cool!! Such a small online world lol.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
I Had a scam artist ask me to take paypal for a Craig List  item, when I checked that is what they are using not to get your money and the item. They pay, you ship, then they file a non ship complaint, wham Pay pal gives back the purchase price, you lose everything.
And some are so clever they can clean out your whole account, be very wary.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 08:43:54 PM »
I have actually transferred the funds from Paypal to another account upon receipt to prevent them from taking back my money.  They can not automatically take money from my bank account unless I order something or I actually initiate a transfer.

This at minimum causes them to stop and listen.  Plus, I don't ship until the money is clear and I have transferred to my bank account.  At least this way i am not out the money. 

I did have someone get into my paypal and when someone ordered an item from me the money went to the other person.  it took me months to get paypal to even listen to what I was saying repeatedly.  Luckily I had not shipped and would not, and was able to communicate with the buyer directly in this instance and she filed a report with paypal, they refunded her money and she then reordered after I had changed my email address and password to paypal.  She was leary but happy when she received her bracelet.

I still occasionally get emails from paypal about oweing them this money but it is always addressed to this other person, so I just closed that email account.

Offline LilBitSassy

• View Profile
    • Lil' Bit Sassy
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 10:05:58 AM »
I bought some stabilizer on ebay the other day and my PP receipt said my address wasn't verified and I know it is. I also sold some fabric on ebay and those who paid--addresses were fine and labels printed right out--so who knows what's going on with that issue.

Thanks for the heads-up with the refund problems too. I tend to let money sit in my PP account until I get a certain amount to deposit into my bank account. I may not do that anymore.