Author Topic: Opinions on Polyvore?  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
Opinions on Polyvore?
« on: November 07, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
  I've really enjoyed seeing the interesting outfits people have pinned on Pinterest that were collaged on Polyvore, and had a thought.  Using Polyvore to collage an outfit and show how well our handmade jewelry, clothing, etc. goes with the outfit. From what I've seen, when you click to look at the outfit colages they also show you each of the individual pieces in the collage, how much it is, and where you can buy it.  Thoughts? Opinions?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on Polyvore?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
Do you have a link to an example for morons like me that do not know what polyvore is LOL

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »
It's a thought.  I signed up for Polyvore and thought that it seemed like too much of a hassle.  I also wonder who actually looks at it.

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:53:06 PM »
Do you have a link to an example for morons like me that do not know what polyvore is LOL

Lol, yup, sorry should have included it in the original post.  Here's the link to their website: http://www.polyvore.com/  and here's an example of one of the collages I've seen: http://www.polyvore.com/sherlock_holmes/set?id=60402403&lid=1970647

Lisa,  I've seen a lot of collections from Polyvore being pinned all over Pinterest so it seems the site does get a lot of use.  The one concern I have is making sure not to use images from other sites that perhaps the artist would rather not be used.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »

You're in good company Andrew becuase I've never heard of it either. ::)

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
I hadn't heard of Polyvore until I ran across several pins of collages from Polyvore that were posted to Pinterest.

I'm giving it a try just to see what happens.  I've only made a couple collages there so far, but here's the link to what's been made if anyone would like to see. http://handmadendesigns.polyvore.com/