Author Topic: 3 new crochet items  (Read 4048 times)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: 3 new crochet items
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »
That is so cool,  I just made that exact same hat. Have not gotten it listed yet, so you beat me to that punch. But mine is teal and next one is similar to your color, just about finished.  Then I am on to some chemo caps which I may do to donate to hospital.  Need to do some pay it forward stuff sort of.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:06:55 AM »
Here you go Debbi, photo of my hat.  It is actually just a teeensy bit different.  My brim is a bit larger.  I think I like yours better.  Was you strap in 3 separate chains, mine is and I don't like that.  I tacked mine down a bit.  I did not have the appropriate size needle and this one is next size down from one stated in pattern but it came out the right size for the most part.  Brim, yeah, too large. but I am gonna list it anyway, sorry I don't mean to compete, but thought I needed more than just jewelry. maybe this will help. One of the photos is a bit dark, but it seems truer color and the other photo is better photo but looks lighter than it really is.

I also have my crochet bowl.  Should have waited for these photos as you can tell the very top row is not quite dry.  It is hard, but not quite returned to its natural color which means it is still just a bit wet in there.  This one is hardened with sugar and water as recommended.  I think I am going to go with Fabric Stiffner next time.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
Pam,
those hats are great! my band is one piece, so I only tacked it down with the buttons, plus the brim had plastic canvas in it to help keep the shape.
As far as your bowl...it looks great, but yeah, I would use fabric stiffiner instead too.
 ;)

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 02:46:12 AM »
Thanks Debbi.  never thought of putting plastic inside the brim, my pattern would have to be altered considerably to do that.  Not sure if I could.  yeah Jaeden keeps wanting to lick the bowl.   :laugh: :laugh:

I made the child hat tonight.  I don't like it at all, the brim is wider done according to the pattern which I did.  We will see, taking them to show tomorrow to see what happens. 

Wish me luck.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
Cool hats! The bowl is lovely!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 06:25:16 AM »
Debbi and Pam - great creations! 

Yeah, I could see my grandson  & he's 12, licking that lovely bowl too!  Of course his 2 1/2 yr old sister would be trying to get it away from him!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »
Sweet! The little girl and teddy bear is just too cute! Shared of course 8)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 07:41:16 AM »
all of the three are very cool and beautiful, this winter will not be cold , I also just crochet   a red scarf for myself, very warm too.

Claire, you should post photos of the things you're making too!