Author Topic: I'm looking for handmade products to feature  (Read 924 times)

fairivy

I'm looking for handmade products to feature
« on: October 16, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »
Hi everyone,
I own and run fair ivy (http://www.fairivy.com), and we are looking for some new handmade products to feature in our surprise packages.  It's a drop-shipping situation—we select a month to feature you, and during that month you ship to our subscribers and we take a commission.  Numbers are between 15-30/month right now.

We are also looking for some new products to just feature on our blog, which doesn't require anything on your part—we just like to feature lovely handmade products on there (http://www.fairivy.com/blog).

Be in touch if you'd like to discuss it :)

~Lucy
lucy@fairivy.com
www.fairivy.com
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:59:12 PM by fairivy »

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm looking for handmade products to feature
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:30:27 PM »
Can you give us a bit more info?  I checked your site but am not quite understanding what it means for crafters.  Do they offer products for free to your subscribers as advertising or are they paid for their product?  Sorry, just a bit unclear and couldn't find much on the site

fairivy

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
Can you give us a bit more info?  I checked your site but am not quite understanding what it means for crafters.  Do they offer products for free to your subscribers as advertising or are they paid for their product?  Sorry, just a bit unclear and couldn't find much on the site

Good call, I didn't really leave much info did I?  I've modified it a bit.  It's not free samples for sure—we pay a discounted price for each item, and in return provide you with a large-ish order, and market your shop/product to our readers and subscribers. 

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »
Makes much more sense and am sure there are a few around here that will check it out!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
I don't think I "fit" with your theme (women), but if I did, I'm still unclear as to what happens...  is the price per item negotiated?  Percent off?  Flat rate?  If I'm reading your site correctly, it looks like the artist does the mailing to the ultimate recipient.  Is that correct?