Author Topic: Facebook Member Spotlight Fall 2012  (Read 27948 times)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook Member Spotlight Fall 2012
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2013, 11:10:51 PM »
I saw that Alix and I was about to do a thread or message to you to thank you.

This FB Highlight seems to have fallen apart. Non participation, unfortunately I have to accuse myself of that as well, I have been sooo slack and doing too many things at once.

I was just thinking about this today as a matter of fact, starting a new for the new year but a bit more open.

What do you think?

Any other takers out there.

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2013, 08:41:55 AM »
I think we should start a new one.  I think too that we should not do a shop, but a SPECIFIC ITEM. Say we have participants, once a week we select an item to share from the shop, everybody shares that item.  Next week another shop another item.  Once a week.  Maybe with something to post, and not having to search for something to post, people will be more apt to join in since 1/2 of the work is done already. Perhaps maybe.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2013, 08:06:05 PM »
That is not a bad idea Alix.  Let me throw it back at ya.  Instead of a specific item how about a category?  It still can be done without much of a search and allows for choices.

Just a thought

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2013, 10:07:06 AM »
I like the category idea, but how do we get more than just Jewelry, a lot of that do the Social Rings make it.  Maybe it could be  something like

Jewelry - Necklace
Clothing - Scarf
Ceramics - Mosaics, Cups, sculpture

Kinda like that, is that what you mean?

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:17 PM »
Yeah, I like that.

Category - Jewelry
Shop - A Bead Thing
Item - Bracelet

This way people can still choose the item that speaks to them the most, but have an item to choose from as not to sit there and think, "Oh what do I share?" And all that are in the ring will be sure to have their item shared as well.

Easy-peasy.  Groovy.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »
Exactly Alix, I hope to get it started by the morning.  Right now I am going to bed.  I know early for me, but I think if I can get more rest, then maybe everything could be a bit better with Jaeden.  A friend told me that she thinks he is pushing my buttons to see  if I will leave him.  Something apparently that 5 year old men do.  Who knew.  I would never have thought but I will be spending even more time with him than normal to try to make him feel more secure and get him involved with more children through some homeschooler groups I found around here.  Only thing is here they are very cliquey and I am just not like that.  Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the idea and I will get it posted in the morning.

Love to you.

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2013, 09:30:46 AM »
Little one's are funny.  Separation anxiety is a real issue among all kids.  Jaeden has had his little world turned upside down with changing to Homeschooling and the like, he is adjusting the best way he can.  Besides more time with the Grandchild is always a plus!

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2013, 10:20:36 AM »
I am up for a new FB spotlight.  I think the rings have a life cycle, although, last time, there did not seem to be much participation.  Alix, if categories help, sounds good to me.
Pam, good luck with Jaeden.