Author Topic: [SOLVED] signing in  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
[SOLVED] signing in
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
I used to stay signed in, Now for some reason everytime I log off my computer I have to sign back in??? Plus when I sign in it tells me I have the incorrect user name or password, but I just close that window and reopen it and I am actually signed in... Is this a problem with my computer?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 03:21:46 PM by Jhowarth »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: signing in
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
Could be, not sure. Maybe clear cookies and login again, we have corrected the login issue and no one has been having any issues.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
I know that if I log off my computer everything shuts down.  If I simply close the site, I am also logged out.  I did not think much about it since it works that way with every other site that I work with.  Is this not supposed to happen when one shuts down or logs off or even shuts the site down?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »
You should be able to close and open the site and still be logged in, unless you logout or clear cookies, you should be logged in.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »
I am not manually clearing cookies, I will have to check further to see if my computer is set up to automatically clear cookies at internet shut down.  I rarely shut down the site, but at times I do and I do have to sign in again.  So this may be an issue that Josey has to look at, but it really does not bother me.  The issue was in having to sign in again during listing process and losing what had already been done, and this does not happen any longer.

Offline Jhowarth

• Head of Development Roo
  • Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:48:00 AM »
I'm glad to hear you're not having issues with being forced to login again while posting items.   

Could I ask which browser you are using?  I know that if you have a saved password for a user account for a web site in certain browsers (and the information is not quite correct), it will force you to use the saved incorrect password.   May browsers have started to correct this but some still do it. 
This Code Monkey of Love says, "Thrive on Passion"

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
I'm glad to hear you're not having issues with being forced to login again while posting items.   

Could I ask which browser you are using?  I know that if you have a saved password for a user account for a web site in certain browsers (and the information is not quite correct), it will force you to use the saved incorrect password.   May browsers have started to correct this but some still do it. 
I use different ones, but for the most part, I use FIrefox.  Typically it would have me save passwords but for some reason it is not even asking if I want to save passwords anymore and once I give my overall password to gain access to internet, it never asked another thing and saved passwords and userid's do not show up as they used to do.

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 07:50:51 AM »
Strange.  Have you updated Firefox recently?

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 07:54:53 AM »
Not manually, it generally will pop up and tell me there is a new one and I just click ok and it does it.  Let me see if I can do it manually.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »
Not manually, it generally will pop up and tell me there is a new one and I just click ok and it does it.  Let me see if I can do it manually.
Yes it was updated on 9/8/12 which should be the last one done.

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:25 AM »
When you go into Firefox > Options > Security > and click the button "Saved Passwords" I assume that this site is listed and the username and password are both correct?

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
Re: [NEED INFO] signing in
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »
Yes the username and password are there and they are correct.  Firefox is not even asking me if I want to save these anymore.  Not a real problem, I have a list of passwords that I keep in my contact folder on Outlook, so no big deal really.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »
Actually, my apologies, no Handmade Artists user name and password are not there and neither are many many of the latest things that I have created or signed into.  It is set to remember passwords and I don't have any exceptions to this.

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
What a bizarre issue.  I'll put some work into this tomorrow and hopefully be able to help you.  I'm pretty certain the issue is found within Firefox.  :)  So I'll go see what I can find out for you tomorrow.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
I have the same issue since yesterday. I constantly have to re-login, even though I just close the lid on my lap top after I leave the site.

Mark- I am not closing my computer down, just close the lid.....