Author Topic: Pinterest Promotion Ring Sign-Up List  (Read 85944 times)

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
Re: Pinterest Promotion Ring Sign-Up List
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »
OK!  Beth I have you on the list now and you should have your Pinterest invite to pin to the group board. Welcome!

Offline ErinsInspirations

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »
Thanks Kmarie!  I'm realizing I need to get to work & post more than 5 listings here.. I have more in the etsy shop, but trying to re-write the descriptions so there isn't duplicate context to mess up my Seo!

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »
I was just looking thru the treads, and of course, I was doing it wrong...I had a board on my own pintrest page that I was pinning items to   ;)   which I thought was a good way to spread the links.  I've been doing it almost everyday since I joined.  Today I took the time to look thru everyone's pinterest page, and I see where I have been pinned only once on someone else s board.  So I checked the IBH board, and my items there have been pinned there...mostly by me.  :o  Now, I realize I did this wrong, but I simply don't have time to promote the members of the ring, without getting promoted myself, so please go ahead and take me off the ring.   :(
If the rules change, please let me know.
thanks,
Debbi

oh and Thank You Pam from beadthing for pinning me. :)
Debbi

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »
Hi guys...

I haven't been around much lately.  My first show is coming up next week and I've been cramming jewelry-making in wherever I can to get my inventory up.  Plus, I need to talk to the lady again tomorrow - but I think I've just landed my first boutique gig, so I was trying to make some pieces to go there too!  :D

I noticed myself that I hardly ever saw any of my own items being pinned either.  Once in a while I go through the list and pin from everyone.   I didn't want to keep repinning items that were already there tho, so if there weren't a lot if items to choose from then I did end up skipping some shops.

Yeah,  our little experiment has kind of petered out.  Any ideas to change the rules to revamp it?  (I didn't think they were that complicated) but I noticed pins showing up from people not in the ring, some overuse of self-pinning, etc. 

Debbi - cross-pinning on other boards works too...it does give some extra exposure.

I HAVE seen a few re-pins of items posted to the board from people that follow my boards....so some of them got a little action.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
Hi guys...

I haven't been around much lately.  My first show is coming up next week and I've been cramming jewelry-making in wherever I can to get my inventory up.  Plus, I need to talk to the lady again tomorrow - but I think I've just landed my first boutique gig, so I was trying to make some pieces to go there too!  :D

I noticed myself that I hardly ever saw any of my own items being pinned either.  Once in a while I go through the list and pin from everyone.   I didn't want to keep repinning items that were already there tho, so if there weren't a lot if items to choose from then I did end up skipping some shops.

Yeah,  our little experiment has kind of petered out.  Any ideas to change the rules to revamp it?  (I didn't think they were that complicated) but I noticed pins showing up from people not in the ring, some overuse of self-pinning, etc. 

Debbi - cross-pinning on other boards works too...it does give some extra exposure.

I HAVE seen a few re-pins of items posted to the board from people that follow my boards....so some of them got a little action.
well, I am the one that messed up...and pinned my own stuff on the IBH board...should I take them off?
I'm going to keep pinning stuff to my "special" handmade board.  ;)
I'm not sure what else to do...we're having the same non-participation problem on the other rings.  ;D
Debbi

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2013, 08:49:43 PM »
LOL.  Don't feel bad Debbi.  If you check out the board you were not the only one.  :)  Be careful how much you self-promote on there.  They kinda frown upon using it to promote your own stuff.  That's why I came up with the idea to create a shared board to promote ourselves without it looking like we were PROMOTING ourselves.  ;)

Offline GlobeIn

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2013, 01:19:42 PM »
I'd like to connect:
GlobeIn-
http://pinterest.com/globein - http://globein.com/]http://globein.com
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:21:58 PM by GlobeIn »

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 11:43:58 AM »
I'd like to connect:
GlobeIn-
http://pinterest.com/globein - http://globein.com/]http://globein.com

Ok you should receive the invite to join the board.   Welcome!  I haven't heard of GlobeIn until now and I just went to check out the site.  Looks interesting.  I created an account to check it out. (Obviously you are looking to promote GlobeIn or products on it.) 

Since I'm adding a reply here I want to take the opportunity to reiterate to all members of the board that the Pinterest board was created as a way to gain exposure for our hand-made items and since over self promoting is frowned upon by the folks at Pinterest, I figured a way we could do this was by promoting each other and we would all benefit from some additional visibility on Pinterest.

I just checked in on the board and I see an awful lot of tu-tus posted and some travel photos posted by one particular person which is not the intent of this board.  The intent is to try to promote each other's products and not overrun it with one person's items.

The theory for posting is to go through the list of board members and pin an item from each shop so there is an eclectic selection and promotion of each other.

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »

I would like to participate.   I have been on pinterest a long time

http://www.pinterest.com/initialimpress/

Hi sorry I've been a slacker lately.  I've added you but I wasn't sure if you had been added already.  Anyway, you should get an invite to the board....and if it's a duplicate then please just ignore.

I'm not sure if anyone has been adding to the board lately, but I kinda lost track of it. 

Karen

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2014, 03:53:51 PM »
Don't you need a handmade artists board for people to pin to?  I have people pinning to mine all the time, unfortunately, I have been a slacker recently, still trying to catch up on all my promo stuff.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »
Don't you need a handmade artists board for people to pin to?  I have people pinning to mine all the time, unfortunately, I have been a slacker recently, still trying to catch up on all my promo stuff.

http://www.pinterest.com/hafshop/