Outreach Events Promotions and Contests > Pinterest Ring

A Pinterest Promotion Ring idea

<< < (3/10) > >>

RiverRockArts:
I think if you have a lot of boards with a variety of pictures that outnumber your own items, they won't say anything.  However, I have seen some profiles that are nothing but pins of items for sale in their own or other's shops on all the boards. 

RiverRockArts:

--- Quote from: kmarie0218 on August 19, 2012, 02:07:03 PM ---I had thought about doing a group board as well, and think it's a good idea.  We may want to watch out for duplicate pins though as we go along since we'll all be randomly visiting each others' sites and pinning items, so maybe just a word of caution on that? 

But other than that, another good thing about it would be that we'd all see what has been pinned. 

Do you want to make your board a community board, and invite us?  I guess I should have also asked for everyone's pinterest ids too!  I'll go back and add mine to the sign up post.  I can add the others in and will update the sign up asking for this info too.   

--- End quote ---

I agree that we would have to watch out for duplicate pins.  That could be a problem.  I had the idea because the one I joined seems to get a lot of exposure both with the people on it and those who follow them. 

I can make mine a community board.  It's one that was made for a pinning event some time ago, and I have not used it for anything since.  I suggested it because it has the name It''s Better Handmade.  Do you want me to invite all those who signed up?

Blue Highways:
Will this be ongoing? I'd like to join but after my travels.

kmarie0218:

--- Quote from: RiverRockArts on August 19, 2012, 03:01:07 PM ---I think if you have a lot of boards with a variety of pictures that outnumber your own items, they won't say anything.  However, I have seen some profiles that are nothing but pins of items for sale in their own or other's shops on all the boards.

--- End quote ---

I agree.  I know you can do your own items, but it's not supposed to be your main "thing".  That's why I think we're fine with a Handmade board...we're just saying that we like each other's things, and so we're pinning them.

kmarie0218:

--- Quote ---I can make mine a community board.  It's one that was made for a pinning event some time ago, and I have not used it for anything since.  I suggested it because it has the name It''s Better Handmade.  Do you want me to invite all those who signed up?

--- End quote ---

Yes, please do make yours a community board and invite everyone who signed up.  I think after I'm invited to it I would be able to invite additional people that sign up?  Thank you!

(And I'm only on one community board, which is a recipe one.  It's a nice board, but when you see so many pins repeated I've been afraid to post to it.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version