Author Topic: 10 or more sales anyone?  (Read 4014 times)

Offline WCards

• View Profile
10 or more sales anyone?
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Hi,
Im new on this site so I am not expecting big sales yet BUT I have been looking around I don't see sales in many stores. I would love to hear about shops that sold 10 or more items. Please post it here. I would love to see some success stories  :)

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: 10 or more sales anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
Well, I've had 3. It's tough everywhere right now. There are shops around with that kind of sales, but I don't know if they will be posting about it. Anyway, welcome!! :)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »

I'll post a couple that I know of off the cuff to show people DO sell here with effort of course, keep in mind they've been here more than a couple months and they actively promote their shops/items

Larissa : http://handmadeartists.com/shop/ReefBotanicals

Nici : http://handmadeartists.com/shop/Nicilaskin

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »
I have 10 sales!  In fact, I made the 10th sale just last week!!  But that only reflects the sales of items listed in my shop which a buyer found and clicked the "add to cart" button.  The 10 sales do NOT include the special orders that I've completed that originated here through open discussion with customers.

There's many great things to say about here, but the ability to freely work with customers who find you through your shop here is HUGE!!!!  It's okay to deal direct.  It's okay to send a customer off-site.  It's okay to do whatever to turn that inquiry into a sale.  The Admins here encourage that type of interaction and anything that gets us a sale is applauded and supported.

I'm not the only one who has had these experiences here - there are lots of us! 

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
My shop shows three sales, however, I sold more than a dozen items to a customer in Atlanta after they found the items they wanted on my HA shop and they paid me directly.  As Knit said, the sales shown on my shop do not reflect custom orders or direct selling.  Many of my direct sales are the result of someone contacting me after seeing my jewelry at HA.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 05:44:32 PM »
I completely agree with both John and Sandi (veterans by the way) I got a sale for 15 mini journals last Christmas, she wanted to pay by check and while those 15 are not in my sales count they were a direct result of having a HAShop. Just because the number isnt there does not mean there have been no sales

Nancy Pace

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »
I completely agree with both John and Sandi (veterans by the way) I got a sale for 15 mini journals last Christmas, she wanted to pay by check and while those 15 are not in my sales count they were a direct result of having a HAShop. Just because the number isnt there does not mean there has been no sales
Where in the world is that agree button? :laugh:

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
I have to share another story.  A visitor to HAS saw my Cowboy Bootees pattern.  Using the generic contact link, she asked what the price would be to knit her a pair.  This query went to the admins of the site.  They didn't have to take the time to figure out what product in which shop she was referring to, but they did (THANK YOU ANDREW!), and the query was forwarded to me.

I just finished listing the custom order for one pair of hand knit Cowboy Bootees for this customer, which I am completely convinced would never have come through on any other site!

This place is really the best!!!!!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
I completely agree with both John and Sandi (veterans by the way) I got a sale for 15 mini journals last Christmas, she wanted to pay by check and while those 15 are not in my sales count they were a direct result of having a HAShop. Just because the number isnt there does not mean there has been no sales
Where in the world is that agree button? :laugh:
Sweet friend, I do believe we both look for that LIKE button often lol!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
Even my sales at Reef Botanicals don't reflect what I've truly sold.  I've had some orders through here from people who paypaled me directly or don't shop online & mailed me a check.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2012, 07:32:31 PM »
http://handmadeartists.com/shop/BobbiWired
http://handmadeartists.com/shop/Nicilaskin
http://handmadeartists.com/shop/CrochetHooked
http://handmadeartists.com/shop/BlueHighways

We work hard at promoting everyone here at Handmade Artists', these few shops I listed are just some who have been successful. One thing they have in common is they promote themselves and others. That is the key to success as I see it. Hope that helps 8)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
Yes you do, thanks is hardly enough but that's all I got.  And the way to reciprocate is to promo this site....which in turn promos ALL artisans...crazy how that happens.
Many thanks to you and Kim xox

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Edited to add: yay SANDI!

Thanks so much, Andrea!

Offline WCards

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »
And how do I promote my shop except F, T, Pin?
I don't have a website for my shop.
Thanks,
W