Author Topic: Holy son-of-a...  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Jewelrybyjane29

• View Profile
    • Jewelry by Jane 29
Re: Holy son-of-a...
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:49 AM »
I have to tell you that I've been moving some of my items from another site to here!  On the other site I have maybe 10 or so views even promoting on facebook and twitter, and running an add.  On HAF I have over 200 views in a couple days on most of my listings here. 

I am glad to have the views even if they are from fellow shops. 

Jane

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 07:03:47 AM »
I have to tell you that I've been moving some of my items from another site to here!  On the other site I have maybe 10 or so views even promoting on facebook and twitter, and running an add.  On HAF I have over 200 views in a couple days on most of my listings here. 

I am glad to have the views even if they are from fellow shops. 

Jane

Jane,
The initial views are most likely from twitter.  We tweet most new listings to 9 different twitter accounts with a combined following of 150k people. So most of the initial views are from there, so they are most likely not other sellers. We do this as it is a way to get your work seen and have had sales in the first few minutes of an item being listed. Granted those are probably impulse buys, but the money spends the same. :D

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »
Congratulations on the sale!  Was she from Maryland or southern Pennsylvania by any chance?  I am wondering if anyone got any sales from my flyers since there were tabs taken from them. 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
Congratulations on the sale!  Was she from Maryland or southern Pennsylvania by any chance?  I am wondering if anyone got any sales from my flyers since there were tabs taken from them.

New Mexico, actually.  My candles went most of the way across the country.   ;D

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 04:58:56 AM »
I hope more people randomly find us like this lady did.  I am only advertising this shop, but all my customers go to Etsy.  I am adding a signature in my e-mails to them that includes all my shop links, so maybe some will come here. 

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
It'll come.  This sale was 100% proof.  And oddly, my stand-alone got a sale today from some unknown too!