Author Topic: Sale to Benefit Charity  (Read 926 times)

FidelaTresori

Sale to Benefit Charity
« on: July 06, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
My friend Elaine lost her daughter five years ago when Brynn was struck by a car just a month after her 12th birthday.  Brynn was very creative and had dreams of going on to art school. 

Elaine turned her sorrow outward and established a memorial scholarship in her daughter's name. The Brynn Proctor Suddes Memorial Fund.  Each year for the past five years she has assisted one student in financial need attain their own dream of attending art school.  I try to help her by donating jewelry to be sold with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the scholarship fund.

This year, I've donated a necklace and earring set made from 1 inch vintage Japanese  glass scarabs in pink set in raw brass, with a vintage raw brass floral connector.   The set is only $25 and as a thank you I'm also including a pair of hoop earrings made with beautiful Czech glass druks in purple with a lovely copper luster finish.  Anyone interested can contact me here.

Elaine also has a little Etsy shop where she sells many little handmade items such as lavender sachets and greeting cards featuring some of Brynn's drawings and photos of her own.  http://www.etsy.com/people/brynnalex

Thanks!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:13:11 AM by FidelaTresori »

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: Sale to Benefit Charity
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »
What a wonderful thing to do! I shared it on Google+ so maybe you'll get some nibbles! Good luck!

FidelaTresori

Re: Sale to Benefit Charity
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
Thank you, T. :0)