Author Topic: Question about views  (Read 3292 times)

Sifistickate

Re: Question about views
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »
I had to turn Karma off on my board, too.  People would cry over being smited, even if it was just done in jest.

I also see this site as cheap advertising right now.  I plan to list more items soon, but I have to use Chrome to do it, and I just detest that browser.  Right now, I figure it's a way to put my name in one more place, and that can't possibly hurt anything.

If I choose to leave Etsy for some reason, I'll probably put a lot more effort into here, or return to eBay for a while.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:43:59 PM »
I had to turn Karma off on my board, too.  People would cry over being smited, even if it was just done in jest.

I also see this site as cheap advertising right now.  I plan to list more items soon, but I have to use Chrome to do it, and I just detest that browser.  Right now, I figure it's a way to put my name in one more place, and that can't possibly hurt anything.

If I choose to leave Etsy for some reason, I'll probably put a lot more effort into here, or return to eBay for a while.

Were you having issues with the subcategories in IE? You can also try firefox. We have tried to figure out the issue, the sad thing is we can get it to work in all versions of IE, there is another culprit at work here and I don't know what it is.

Same thing happened with Karma here

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:01:49 PM »
Regarding advertising, I just hung flyers next to all the elevators on the lower level and first floor in the buildings in my complex (there are four buildings).  A lot of people pass by these elevators everyday, so I hope we get some people coming here from them.

Sifistickate

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 07:28:59 PM »
Were you having issues with the subcategories in IE? You can also try firefox. We have tried to figure out the issue, the sad thing is we can get it to work in all versions of IE, there is another culprit at work here and I don't know what it is.

Yes; it doesn't load the list.

Everytime I've installed Firefox I've been forced to uninstall it later, so I just give up.  It's a good browser, but it doesn't play well with other things I have installed. 

Chrome does what it does pretty well, but it irritates me and gets on my nerves while it does it. :(