Author Topic: Does anyone sell around here?  (Read 1946 times)

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
Does anyone sell around here?
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:51:57 PM »
Hey..
just wondering if anyone sells anything around here?
seems like a great site!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Re: Does anyone sell around here?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
I've had my shop here almost a year (maybe it's been a year now?) and have had 44 sales plus another custom order for 15 mini books where the customer wanted to send a check so it didn't show up in my sales count. I will add that I spend A LOT of time getting myself out there - this is my full time job. The site is still new and Andrew and Kimberly promo like mad but you have to work at it.

Welcome and here's wishing you many sales!!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:28:20 PM »
Of course!

Twenty-something sales here, not including the "side sales" for people who couldn't figure out how to register for the site to purchase.

But I also market this shop as well as my stand-alone.  If I just let it sit, I'd likely have many fewer sales.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »
Some are getting sales and some are not...but figure this is a site that some really promote themselves and for others this is a second or third site that they don't promote at all.  Guess it is like anything else where you get what you put into it and a lot of it is always the right buyer finding what you offer.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »
All of my sales this year are through my shop here.  Like BlueHighways, my custom orders don't make it into my sales figures in my shop.

That is one of the WONDERFUL things about here...  you can speak directly with your customers, and if they choose to not go through your shop (direct through Paypal, check in the mail, cash, etc.), it's completely okay.  The owners here don't care where or how you sell, but they delight in the fact that you are selling!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
All of my sales this year are through my shop here.  Like BlueHighways, my custom orders don't make it into my sales figures in my shop.

That is one of the WONDERFUL things about here...  you can speak directly with your customers, and if they choose to not got through your shop (direct through Paypal, check in the mail, cash, etc.), it's completely okay.  The owners here don't care where or how you sell, but they delight in the fact that you are selling!

This reminds me, I also have a fairly large repeat customer (who also sends me TONS of referrals) who refuses to send financial info online under any circumstances.  So she mails me money orders from Canada & I ship her orders on out.

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:58:06 PM »
I've had several sells because of my shop here....customers wanted custom made pieces so they don't show here at the site.

Offline normasbathandbody

• View Profile
    • Norma's Bath and Body
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
Good to hear. good for you guys! and yes, you get out of it what you put into it.  ;)