Author Topic: Good places to advertise?  (Read 12076 times)

Sifistickate

Re: Good places to advertise?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »
They do call me "DragonLady" to my face for a reason.  8)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14:19 PM »

You are going to fit in just fine here!

Sifistickate

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »

You are going to fit in just fine here!

Gee.... I guess I should've started posting when I first found this place.  I read through a few topics and lurked for about a month, but just never felt like I had much to say.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »
Your welcome here, we love people that talk and are not scared to share an opinion or their experience.

Sifistickate

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »
Wow.

I haven't tried to sell anything on eBay for a long time, but I listed one of my sticks there just to see how it would do, and maybe get my name out in the world.

10 views in 5 days!  And I suspect those views are all ME checking and rechecking the listing to make sure it's accurate.

Obviously, I'm going to have to do some serious advertising before I venture much further into this project.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I've bookmarked about 10 blogs that look promising, but nothing has really leaped at me as "perfect" or "yes! spend a few bucks here" just yet.

Sifistickate

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 07:53:40 PM »
Hmmm.... I used to have an account on deviantart.com a long, long time ago.  I haven't been back there for years.

I'll go check it out.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 09:37:13 PM »
Ok, this is not my list but one I got off a thread off Etsy and some of the sites are Etsy specific.  I haven't checked them all but plan on running through the list soon.  If nothing else it is a place to start.

www.craftsy.com (you can put your craft item there. I put up one of my wreaths.I joined today)
 etsylush.com ( you can submit to the main category for free or for 3.00 you can have your item on the front page for one month. I have submitted to both and the main category, which is free, has gotten me many views)
 pinterest.com (You make boards, like treasuries. People like and re-pin items. You name the boards anything you like)
 stumbleupon.com (Read help link below. Worth joining)
 www.theredheadriter.com/2011/05/how-to-guide-for-stumbleupon.html
 Squidoo.com (you make lens about a subject, like your shop etc. Ads are put there and you get paid when someone clicks on as ad.
 Twitter.com ( you can tweet an item from your shop right on your item page. Do it all day)
 Facebook.com (advertise your shop and items)
 Craftgawker.com (Does not accept anything from Etsy but submit an item from your blog, which has your shop name in it)
 Craigslist.com (go to classified ads for sale and then to crafts)
 craftseekers.com (Go to submit a site and add your shop to the free bronze listing)
 craftjuice.com (list an item of yours anytime you want)
 100craftlinks.com/cgi-bin/ldb/ldb.pl (I get lots of views from here)
 gallery.tryhandmade.com/ (Submit your favorite listing)
 kaboodle.com (Join and add items from your Etsy shop or website. People can follow you and you follow them)
 yaami.com/
 tumblr.com (Join and add items from your shop. People can follow you and you can follow them)
 www.wanelo.com (when it ask if you want to sign up thru facebook say yes. When you get the next screen hit cancel and you won't have to join through FB. Great place, I get lots of views here)
 linkreferral.com (Join and put your site on there)
 artchain.com (Where it says Submit Artist Listing, put your shop in)
 thefind.com (Go to the bottom where it says submit a site and put your shop or website in)
 Ravelry.com (for crocheters or knitters)
 thingspeoplemake.com (Sign in using Facebook. Shows your items from your shop)
 gumtree.com (UK & Australia) (Post an ad for your shop)
 mywebees.com ( this lets you put your shop on facebook but you have to go thru them. Read carefully)
 coolmaterial.com/basic-listing-the-black-book/ (This site is focused on marketing to men)
 digg.com (search engine)
 ecrater.com/ (free online marke tplace to sell on)
 blujay.com/index (free online market place to sell on)
 bonanza.com (free online market place to sell on)
 smashion.com (can sell any fashion items including clothing, accessories, beauty & cosmetic products, and footwear)
 hootsuite.com (connect with FB or twitter, social networking site, go for the free plan)
 etsyhacks.com/greasemonkey/ (Etsy tools)
 myhandmaderegistry.com/ (List your items from your shop or website)
 etsywishlist.com/ (Put your Etsy items on)
 reddit.com/r/etsy (Put Etsy items on)
 craftcult.com/treasury_widget.php (Tools to put Etsy treasuries on your blog, website)
 directory.everythingetsy.com/ (List your Etsy shop for free!)
 cr8tivity.com/ (Etsy tools)
 handmademarketing.org/ (Sell your items here)
 artfire.com/modules.php?name=forums&op=view_topic&tid=10816 (Sell your items)
 freecraftylinks.com/ (Place an ad for your shop)
 bit.ly/ (Track your links)
 lookbook.nu/ (Post your own fashion looks)
 craftopolis.com/ (Tools for Etsy)
 stylishhome.com/Community/fabDesign-Bookmarks (Submit a link)
 youtube.com/ (Upload a video about your shop. If you have Windows Movie Maker its very easy)
 about.me/ (Put your info in about you and your shop)
 linkytools.com/ (Tools for your Blog)
 plus.google.com (Like Facebook only better I think. Going to be the next Facebook)
 Indiepublic.com (Put info in about your shop)
 www.pearltrees.com ( put your items on this site)
 www.wists.com/ (Add your items to this site and you can make a slideshow easy for your blog )
 delicious.com (Share sites you find on the web, including Etsy shops)
 snipi.com (Same kind of site, share sites)
 www.attackofthecraft.com/stage/
 www.handmadeology.com (Submit an item, tip, blog etc. Great place)
 www.craftersbuzz.com (links only to your shop, but can advertise single items)
 www.thehandmadecafe.com (may ways to promote - ads, forum, blogs, photos, and/or site)
 www.thehandmadedirectory.com
 www.handmadetop10.com (List an item and people will vote on it. If they click, it takes them to your item)
 www.unanimouscraft.com (link to shop and update with new listings)
 www.boingboing.net/submit/
 www.kijiji (Canada only)
 www.ebayclassifieds.com (US only)
 www.aluminouspublishing.com/linkexchangepage.php
 www.freecraftylinks.com (can be your shop and/or individual items. Also has banner exchange and artist of the month. I was selected!)
 www.thecraftshopper.com (US only)
 www.craftytips.com
 www.widgetbox.com (great use for your Etsy feed - shows a photo, title and description of your first 10 listings. Adds you to their directory and lets others post your feed on their site easily.)

The following list of websites can be used to promote your blogs or other websites you run and host yourself. Most require you add a reciprocal link
 www.relevantdirectory.ca (Canadian based)
 www.relevantdirectory.com (for anyone)
 www.2handmade.com
 www.greatpremiumdirectory.com
 www.gotop100.com/directory/ (exchange banners or run your own)
 www.aussiecrafts.com.au (for Australians)
 etsylove.ning.com/ ( looks like you set up a page for your Etsy Shop)
 www.doyouetsy.com/ (Add your Etsy Shop. I just added my photos from my Etsy shop)
 www.behance.net/ (You can add your Etsy shop to their site and it will take people right to your shop)
 www.fashiolista.com/ (Great place to promote fashion!)
 www.fineartamerica.com/ (Place to buy and sell your Art
 www.deviantart.com ( Join some groups post your pictures and link back to etsy)
 www.Polyvore.com ( polyvore it's like making treasuries (hair sets/collections/templates) with the object you find there but you can put in yours as well. You can follow people and people can follow you.)
 www.houzz.com (Interior design site. You can put your items here)
 www.influxshopping.com (you can put your shop on this site for 3 months free
gentlemint.com/ (a site for selling MAN things. Mainly for men's items so list your Man products here)
 The link to her blog is
 whatsernamejewelry.com/for-etsy-artists/add-your-etsy-shop/
 add your shop there, she gets tons of traffic and is nice enough to let us all add our shops there.

Sifistickate

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »
Wow!!!!!

That should keep me busy!

Thanks!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »
Holy crap, that's a week work, 9-5!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »
I've gotten through some and they were not for me.  I'm doing some places for the shop, some for IBH, some for my personal stuff...and the list goes on but it may take a while get through the entire thing!

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:58 AM »
OH WOW Kimberly!  Now that’s a list! Gezzzz Larissa… I think it’s a 9 to 9er! Pay Kimberly OVERTIME please!
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 07:49:50 PM »
Bonanza sounds interesting for what it is...I thought i would mention something about storeenvy since it was mentioned in that now infamous thread.

It seems okay aside from the rampant intellectual property theft that runs rampant on all these sites despite the fact that it is against their terms of use. That is with a BIG HOWEVER
scary first thing mentioned on the sellers rules is a requirement of 7 business days shipping time. Don't many mail order places warn 3-4 weeks? Just in case two weeks is all I want.

Your store can be shut down if completed orders are often not received by this time. Usually this is withing the realm of possible but it not inconceivable that people could have problems with this on multiple times. Yikes!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:28:46 PM by thepeasantpailfull »

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »
Bonanza sounds interesting for what it is...I thought i would mention something about storeenvy since it was mentioned in that now infamous thread.

It seems okay aside from the rampant intellectual property theft that runs rampant on all these sites despite the fact that it is against their terms of use. That is with a BIG HOWEVER
scary first thing mentioned on the buyers rules is a requirement of 7 business days shipping time. Don't many mail order places warn 3-4 weeks? Just in case two weeks is all I want.

Your store can be shut down if completed orders are often not received by this time. Usually this is withing the realm of possible but it not inconceivable that people could have problems with this on multiple times. Yikes!

I really don't like any shipping time requirements on sites since some items, custom work for me, take much longer sometimes!  I would much rather have each person set their policy individually and then maybe be forced to adhere to that.  I know with invitations and toasting glasses I ask for at least 2 weeks to complete the work just because life happens!  Sometimes it is faster but others I am pushing it even with that timeline...but at least I set the deadline myself knowing my own schedule.

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 04:10:52 PM »
Oh dear I presume you knew I meant sellers rules not buyers. Update it bugs me so I fixed to read sellers rules.

The thing is it would be good of them to have clarified what "upon order completion" meant if they are going to include crafts. I understand it's not handmade only but very bad for complicated  custom orders if that means literally when the order is processed. A week seemed a short time for anyone,having done shipping in the past you never know what will happen with any service.

So any thing less that two weeks guarantee makes me way nervous I agree.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:30:06 PM by thepeasantpailfull »

MarilynKelleyArt

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 04:05:29 AM »
Well, I started through the list and got as far as linky tools.....this is actually kind of fun!

Thanks for the list, Kim!  Just what I needed.....something else to keep me playing on the computer instead of painting!  :laugh: