Author Topic: Those who do Art shows and Fairs-what do you do about your shop while you are go  (Read 1517 times)

Nancy Pace

I usually take every piece I can to a show, it takes a huge body of work, to create interest and sales. That means I take things I have listed. I am not sure I feel comfortable putting my HAshop on vacation.  Etsy I didn't care.
We are trying so hard to be established in the online world, do any of you have an opinion, suggest, an experience you would care to share with me?
Thanks!
Nancy

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
I usually take every piece I can to a show, it takes a huge body of work, to create interest and sales. That means I take things I have listed. I am not sure I feel comfortable putting my HAshop on vacation.  Etsy I didn't care.
We are trying so hard to be established in the online world, do any of you have an opinion, suggest, an experience you would care to share with me?
Thanks!
Nancy

Nancy, do you have a tablet, iPad, laptop anything that can give you access to your shop/s online while you're there? I take everything I have and if something sells I immediately remove it from my shops while I am still at the show. So far it's worked just fine.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Even a smart phone can give you access to your shop while you are at a show to remove items that sell.  Either that, or just wing it and keep a detailed list and remove items as soon as you get home.

I've only had it happen once at a show that a piece was sold at the show and also sold on my shop.  Luckily I can easily duplicate most of my pieces and the customer was very understanding about having to wait for a few extra days.

Nancy Pace

Goodness Girls! I can be brilliant and so ditzy at the same time,LOL!! I have a smart phone to take credit cards, it just never occurred to me to edit it while I was away.
I am so glad I asked:) Thank you both:)
My things are not something I can replicate, and I had a situation with my website selling a piece I took to show. I felt bad. That was pre-smart phones.
I just dropped off a nice set I sold on facebook and am going grocery shopping, have a wonderful day:)
Nancy