Author Topic: Shipping Profile - It's Not What I Thought?  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Shipping Profile - It's Not What I Thought?
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:41:40 AM »
Andrew, need some guidance, please.   ???

So we do $5 flat rate shipping, no matter how large the order.

But... can't do that in the HAFshop yet.  So I made a "flat rate" shipping profile wherein any one item is $5 to ship.  And originally put "0" in for "if shipped with another item."  But then shipping came up "0" for the whole order, as I saw when you ordered 4 bars of soap from us.

So then I did what you suggested and put $5 in the "one item" spot and $2 in the "if shipped with another item" spot, figuring that each item in a multiple-item order would then be charged $2 shipping, so max we'd lose would be $1.  No biggie.

Someone just ordered 2 tubs of Purity Makeup Brush Cleaner... and the system only charged her $2 for shipping, not $4.  I'm letting it go with her, but why wouldn't it charge her $2 for EACH item instead of $2 for both together?

Help?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Profile - It's Not What I Thought?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:22:54 PM »
Good point, I have to go back to the developers with this. Personally I think it should charge the original $5 and $2 for any additional, per piece.
Let me work on it.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Shipping Profile - It's Not What I Thought?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:52:40 PM »
OK, for now I just put $5 & $5, and if I have to issue refunds I will.  But yeah, if we can get a price for first item & then a price for each additional, that'd be perfect, 'cause I could set "additional" back at zero.