Author Topic: I thought handmade is already defined lol etsy...  (Read 86153 times)

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
Re: I thought handmade is already defined lol etsy...
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 08:43:26 AM »
Most of you have probably received this, but if you haven't, it's the link to a blog piece on Handmadeology about someone who's shop got yanked off Etsy.
  http://www.handmadeology.com/etsy-shop-suspended-what-you-need-to-know/

Thanks for the link...I had not received this! This situation would be very distressing to any of us! :(

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 01:43:43 PM »
Just for the heck of it I made a treasury.  All listed under "handmade" and all on the first three pages of a search for Priority Mail.  http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MzY2ODV8MjU1NDcwODA4MQ/shipping-out

FischerFineArts

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 02:59:56 PM »
Just for the heck of it I made a treasury.  All listed under "handmade" and all on the first three pages of a search for Priority Mail.  http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MzY2ODV8MjU1NDcwODA4MQ/shipping-out

Wow! Too funny! Fyi, I was checking ACEO's and was a bit shocked at what I found there, too...could be your next treasury! ;-)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »

Wow! Too funny! Fyi, I was checking ACEO's and was a bit shocked at what I found there, too...could be your next treasury! ;-)

Could be fun to make a bunch of them....until they shut me down that is.  After all, they have already shut down one account for a bogus reason and left my other one open for now, but for how long we shall see.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »
Kim...what the heck... :-\ :P :-\ :P :-\ :P

Uneb-freaking-livable.....LOL..... :o

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2012, 04:23:53 PM »
Kim...what the heck... :-\ :P :-\ :P :-\ :P

Uneb-freaking-livable.....LOL..... :o

Oh, my dear, there are so many silly treasuries to make and so little time to make them all.  Guess I am just in a mood to tick some people off...plus I love the comments that I am supporting a shipping option!  I don't care what they do, but when shipping becomes handmade I quit.

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »
I don't know why I even check things there anymore. It so full of debates about the obvious it's not even funny. It's just calmer here,I think I'd stick around just to get calmer opinions even if I end up being to lazy to open a shop.

How long do I have before you start jurying? Or do I get infinity to change from buyer to seller as long as I'm signed up?

Speaking of shipping has it become that complicated?...I mean I've done it before but there is so much confusion there. I have not had these problems they have now.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:13:07 PM by thepeasantpailfull »

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »
I don't know why I even check things there anymore. It so full of debates about the obvious it's not even funny. It's just calmer here,I think I'd stick around just to get calmer opinions even if I end up being to lazy to open a shop.

How long do I have before you start jurying? Or do I get infinity to change from buyer to seller as long as I'm signed up?

Speaking of shipping has it become that complicated?...I mean I've done it before but there is so much confusion there. I have not had these problems they have now.

No matter what you are in when we go to jurying...we have a ways to go before we even think of that! 

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »
Heard of using etsy check out instead of paypal? They will (etsy) hold your money for 7 days!
Here comes etsy wanting to cash in on the big pie and earn interest on your money until they pay you your rightfully earned money from your sales :police: :evil:.

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
Oh great! I thought it would be some time then got a little nervous. I was reading there was a good idea how jurying would work. Wondered if it was sooner than imagined but you are probably just preparing in advance.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:31 AM »
Heard of using etsy check out instead of paypal? They will (etsy) hold your money for 7 days!
Here comes etsy wanting to cash in on the big pie and earn interest on your money until they pay you your rightfully earned money from your sales :police: >:) .

I'm sorry, but with all the problems at Etsy and the fact that it is run by "kids" playing with toys, I don't want them having any part of my money for any length of time.  With Etsy's history of shutting down shops without warning and having NO way to contact them other then email...what happens to any money you have sitting there?  Scary.

When we were building this site, there was a ton of payment options including us handling payments in house and I knew I didn't want to touch that with a ten foot pole!  I don't want to be responsible for other people's money.

Oh great! I thought it would be some time then got a little nervous. I was reading there was a good idea how jurying would work. Wondered if it was sooner than imagined but you are probably just preparing in advance.

We are preparing in advance...that was decided when we worked out our business plan and laid out what type of venue we wanted HAF to be in the beginning and in the future.  Bottom line is our goal is to end up high end "boutique" style rather than WalMart and have to say that we are well on our way.

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 07:37:15 PM »
I love this place.  It's so calm, even serene, compared to the Etsy forums. 

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
I love this place.  It's so calm, even serene, compared to the Etsy forums.

Sorry everyone, but I have to laugh every time someone talks about how calm we are over here.  Never in my entire life has anything that I had anything to do with ever been called calm!  Maybe I finally got it right!  :-\