Author Topic: I thought handmade is already defined lol etsy...  (Read 71289 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Re: I thought handmade is already defined lol etsy...
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
Someone was having fun with Etsy's treasury...featuring all "handmade" owls!  Somehow, someway a bunch of handmade artists came up with the exact same design!  Funny how that works... http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTU0NTkzNjV8MjM5Nzg2MzY3Mg/simply-unique?page=5&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share#comments

Whoa! I needed a laugh! Seems Regretsy is all over it too

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 06:24:58 PM »
I may have to break my own rule and make a "themed" treasury too!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 08:12:01 PM »
OMG this is hilarious..... :o :o :o

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
That treasury got 10 pages of comments "WHOA, unheard of"  was on top of the treasurie page for hours!!!!!!! and as of this morning etsy has still not closed it down.

Shoot, thye make a lot of mulah on resellers, they will not kick them to the kurb, but it is alll so uniquely handmade unique.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Unbelievable..... :o >:(

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
Anybody seen this....or did I repeat this here....looks all handmade to me too...NOT !!!!

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?search_submit=&q=green+eaten+apple+pendant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 10:44:58 PM »
Someone was having fun with Etsy's treasury...featuring all "handmade" owls!  Somehow, someway a bunch of handmade artists came up with the exact same design!  Funny how that works... http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTU0NTkzNjV8MjM5Nzg2MzY3Mg/simply-unique?page=5&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share#comments
This is too funny... and the comments are a HOOT (grin)... I just wish there was a thumbs up or down button on the comments ;)

Offline RDHwirework

• View Profile
    • RDH wirework
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 01:06:54 AM »
Darn I literally JUST made a post about the owls. Oh and the mum rings I found on regretsy. I gotta say, it is nice to see the resellers getting some appropriate attention. Can you believe that the prices for those owls go up to $18???

And back to the original pendant-pretty sure I just used up all those supplies putting my new shelves up. I should have known I could use them for jewelry! Hmm I wonder if I use a ball chain instead of a zip tie...

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
OMG LOLOLOLOLOLO Thanks I needed a good laugh today! 
Christopher really does some excellent work - really like his line in his intro ."plastic is NOT steampunk"  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CivilianArtificer?ref=seller_info#
will read the article later.............................
and all those unique owls! whew!! isn't that amazing! hehe
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »
You seen this......etsy is on a rampage, closing shops down on a whim and/or no questions asked or answered....if you read all the comments. Just like they did me...

http://www.handmadeology.com/etsy-shop-suspended-what-you-need-to-know/#comment-28110

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 12:42:57 PM »
I just read that this morning too, Monika. If anyone has an Etsy shop I would highly recommend downloading your sold orders and listing detail CSV files periodically. That way if you were ever caught in the Etsy hipsters crosshairs and lose you will still have your customer info and listing descriptions.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
I just read that this morning too, Monika. If you have an Etsy shop I would highly recommend downloading your sold orders and listing detail CSV files periodically. That way if you were ever caught in the Etsy hipsters crosshairs and lose you will still have your customer info and listing descriptions.

Also, know that it can happen in the blink of an eye with NO notice!  I got an email about outside links on my profile that had linked to the forum for over 2 years and my shop was gone immediately.  Always have a backup plan.  It makes me so sad to read about all the shops that were doing really well one day, ticked someone off, and their business is suddenly gone with no recourse.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »
Well, to late for me, I complied with everything in their rediculous email, thinking I had no problems as my items are deffo handmade. They did not answer any questions I had, which item etc and one day I was gone ..."poof" no explanation, no questions answered, nothing....I mean everything was gone even my sold items that etsy used to still show on google. I was wiped out like I never excisted.
So to late for me, 8-9 years down the drain, and I had done nothing, absolutely nothing wrong.
Does it make me feel better that I was not the only one on their rampage a week before Christmas, NO, it does not....
Again, I say...they are up to something, and definately "no good".....
so ...NO...I do not have an etsy shop anymore and would not touch them with a ten foot pool over there. I absolutely do not trust them anymore....
I have a sign on under my Moms name, so I can participate in forums and give my 5 cents...(mum is the word)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:09:16 PM by myeuropeantouch »

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 07:37:13 AM »
You should keep reading the comments it confirmes so many, many suspisions....
 :police: :evil:

Offline AmongTheRuins

• must create!
    • View Profile
    • AmongTheRuins
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »
I haven't gone through the comments but wouldn't it have been easier to go through what is NOT considered handmade?  Oh boy.  :)

That would be too easy!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »
Well, to late for me, I complied with everything in their rediculous email, thinking I had no problems as my items are deffo handmade. They did not answer any questions I had, which item etc and one day I was gone ..."poof" no explanation, no questions answered, nothing....I mean everything was gone even my sold items that etsy used to still show on google. I was wiped out like I never excisted.
So to late for me, 8-9 years down the drain, and I had done nothing, absolutely nothing wrong.
Does it make me feel better that I was not the only one on their rampage a week before Christmas, NO, it does not....
Again, I say...they are up to something, and definately "no good".....
so ...NO...I do not have an etsy shop anymore and would not touch them with a ten foot pool over there. I absolutely do not trust them anymore....
I have a sign on under my Moms name, so I can participate in forums and give my 5 cents...(mum is the word)

You COMPLIED and are still shut down?!