Display Case
5 (8.5%)
Treasure Trove
11 (18.6%)
Handmade Highlights
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 19, 2012, 07:46:13 PM

Author Topic: Name our Version of the Treasury  (Read 22801 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Name our Version of the Treasury
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
If knit and I are the only one that's gonna make a highlight, I'm taking my toys and going home! :'( :'( :'(

What a wimpy cry smiley.  :evil:

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
Now, now, before you go stomping off with your toys I'll do one but I have not been able to load the highlights on the iPad for whatever reason i keep getting an error message but I'll put one together on the PC in the morning. No more pouting  ???

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:51 PM »
I think I found another glitch with the highlights.  I love the skull in the leather highlights.  So I left a comment, then scrolled back up and clicked on the skull to look at the description.  It sent me back to the shop home page.  I figured I hit a wrong button or something, so I went back to the highlight and clicked the skull again.  Same thing happened...  it sent me to the shop home page.  So I went back to the leather highlight and clicked on one of the other items.  Again it sent me back to the main shop home page...  not the items in any of the clicks.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »
I tried to look at one of the items on the St Patrick's day page.  I clicked on it and was taken to the many page.  There was no way to tell whose piece it was or where to purchase it.  Also, how does this work.  As I never had an Etsy shop, I don't know how to find the pages, who creates them... etc, etc.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
I tried to look at one of the items on the St Patrick's day page.  I clicked on it and was taken to the many page.  There was no way to tell whose piece it was or where to purchase it.  Also, how does this work.  As I never had an Etsy shop, I don't know how to find the pages, who creates them... etc, etc.

To create the St. Patrick's highlight, I went to highlights and clicked "create."  Then is searched the shop for green.  Hope this helps.

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »

To create the St. Patrick's highlight, I went to highlights and clicked "create."  Then is searched the shop for green.  Hope this helps.
Wouldn't it make more sense for the highlights to show up at the bottom with the category of the highlights rather than the person who created them?  Also, does that mean there can be an unlimited number of them at a time?  It seems a bit much to me.  I assumed it would be one or 2 at a time.  I already feel a bit of overload when I go to the site between all the featured artists, blogs, etc. 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 09:14:32 AM »
I think I found another glitch with the highlights.  I love the skull in the leather highlights.  So I left a comment, then scrolled back up and clicked on the skull to look at the description.  It sent me back to the shop home page.  I figured I hit a wrong button or something, so I went back to the highlight and clicked the skull again.  Same thing happened...  it sent me to the shop home page.  So I went back to the leather highlight and clicked on one of the other items.  Again it sent me back to the main shop home page...  not the items in any of the clicks.
Surprised I missed that yesterday, it is fixed now. Our developers are actually working! Amazing, we'll see how it progresses from here.
Wouldn't it make more sense for the highlights to show up at the bottom with the category of the highlights rather than the person who created them?  Also, does that mean there can be an unlimited number of them at a time?  It seems a bit much to me.  I assumed it would be one or 2 at a time.  I already feel a bit of overload when I go to the site between all the featured artists, blogs, etc. 
It will simplify when the site finally gets merged a 100%, hopefully. But the highlights will just keep rolling as they are created, and the 4 most recent will be featured on the front page.

Offline SouthpawArt

• View Profile
    • Southpaw Art
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 05:51:51 PM »
Andrew

nice job on the Highlights so far made a few comments on a few i will gather a few things and make one soon. Have you thought about adding a few more links to the highlights list..like if you get to the list of highlights and click on one the say you click on a item there is not a easy way to get back to the list of different highlights unless you use the browser to back tab a few times...my 2 cents

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »
hehe I love all these comments re: galleria
anyway like the name - I don't know, maybe I'm being dense but HOW does one go about making a highlight collection???
Love the collections so far - great job!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »
Just go here and hit create http://handmadeartists.com/highlights-view/
you need to be logged in. Copy and paste the urls into the boxes, make sure you till out the title, description, and keywords as well. You need to add a minimum of 16 items.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »
Cool - thanx! Will work on one this evening - Got it done - that was fun to do!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:39:22 PM by lisianblue »
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Cr8tiveLefty

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Cr8tive Lefty
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »
Quick suggestions for when we do data entry.

First - when you click create, can there be a notation towards the top that says you have to to have a minimum of 16 items.  I spent a lot of time filling in the title,description and keywords and then adding my items, not knowing that I didn't have enough items to put in my collection.  I wanted to group a certain style of scarf that I make but only have 7 of that style.  Is there a reason there has to be a set amount?  16 seems kind of high.  I thought highlights would be subsets of your products. Having 16 anything similar will exclude your smaller artists.  ??? 

Second - can they add a text note that what you want to enter in the text boxes next to the ok button is the product URL?  That would save first timers a lot of time and frustration  :P .

I think it is a great concept, just not as intuitive as it could be with a couple of easy text notations.

Please let me know if we will be able to enter collections of less than 16.... otherwise I am stuck until then.

Thanks so much,Anntoinette

Offline Cr8tiveLefty

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Cr8tive Lefty
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
Ok, I know I am tired, but I swear that the pics I used to create a highlight collection are now distorted once I saved it.  They are the same pics used in my shop, (and they render fine), but for some reason the rendering is off in the highlight module.  :o

Also, I read in some of the other comments about the items not being in the same order as how we put them in, and I am seeing that as well.  Viewing mode seems to sort them differently then data entry mode.

Honest I am not trying to be a pain.  I promise I do love the concept, it is just some quick observations I am putting out there.   8)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 10:37:40 PM »
@Cr8tiveLefty, When I make a Highlight I don't use any of my own items, I promote other artists works - so of course this means I have plenty to choose from and will never have a problem filling the minimum 16 spaces.

I've seen that they switch up positions too but as far as the photos becoming distorted - I've not had that problem.

It's new, it'll all be worked out no doubt!  :)