Author Topic: Second Wire Wrap Pendant  (Read 4838 times)

Jeanne

Second Wire Wrap Pendant
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:33:12 PM »
Here is a pic of my second wire wrap pendant.  Not too sure it will stay together.  Any tips for polished, slippery rocks will be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know what you think.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
Re: Second Wire Wrap Pendant
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
Jeanne - not only is that a beautiful piece of agate (?) - I really like the way you wrapped it! 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Jeanne

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »
I don't know what type of rock it is, but you can see through it.  Thanks for liking it. :D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »
I don't know what type of rock it is, but you can see through it.  Thanks for liking it. :D
It is agate, and for your geology lesson the black thingies in it are called dendrites. Very good wrap too, Sometimes turn the rock so the big end is up and they are easier to get the little devils to stay in place ;D

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 03:55:02 AM »
Very nice Jeanne-great work!   :)

Offline CassandrasCreations

• View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 05:14:13 AM »
Great Job Jeanne

Jeanne

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »
It is agate, and for your geology lesson the black thingies in it are called dendrites. Very good wrap too, Sometimes turn the rock so the big end is up and they are easier to get the little devils to stay in place ;D
Thank you for the rock lesson.  I would love to learn more.  Thank you for liking the wrap.  It was the only way I could get the wire to stay, and lastly, thanks for the advice.  I really do appreciate learning from you, Matt, and everyone in the forum. ;)

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 08:34:57 AM »
great work Jeanne!!!  I'm hoping to advance my wrapping skill beyond the primitive stage.

Jeanne

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 08:43:01 AM »
great work Jeanne!!!  I'm hoping to advance my wrapping skill beyond the primitive stage.
Thank you, Deb 2.  Me too...but I am sure before that happens I will be on to something else.  How's your HP 3-1 going?

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 10:03:10 AM »
great work Jeanne!!!  I'm hoping to advance my wrapping skill beyond the primitive stage.
Thank you, Deb 2.  Me too...but I am sure before that happens I will be on to something else.  How's your HP 3-1 going?
Practice..practice...practice. ;D  Besides primitive art is very collectible,( don't you watch antiques roadshow?)

Jeanne

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 10:14:52 AM »
great work Jeanne!!!  I'm hoping to advance my wrapping skill beyond the primitive stage.
Thank you, Deb 2.  Me too...but I am sure before that happens I will be on to something else.  How's your HP 3-1 going?
Practice..practice...practice. ;D  Besides primitive art is very collectible,( don't you watch antiques roadshow?)
Yes, I watch Antiques Roadshow, but I am an antique myself.... :o

Offline youvegotmaille

• View Profile
    • You've Got Maille
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 10:53:28 AM »

Ooh, we have a geologist?  Is this quartz?  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19307567

By the way Jeanne, I really like the wrap - seems to fall somewhere between "freeform" and "straightlaced" and since I can never decide which of the two I like better it's awesome!

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 05:14:50 PM »
Very nice work, Jeanne!! It looks great!

I don't know what type of rock it is, but you can see through it.  Thanks for liking it. :D

Yup, definitely an agate.  If you look really carefully you can also see some faint banding which is a dead giveaway that it's an agate.  

*is really wishing she had a place to go rock-hounding*

Offline Celticcrossing

• View Profile
    • Celticcrossing
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 07:45:14 AM »
Great work!  ;)