Author Topic: Warning about polka weave  (Read 6055 times)

Offline youvegotmaille

• View Profile
    • You've Got Maille
Re: Warning about polka weave
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »
Heh I have fond memories of going over the same bridge in Pittsburgh about five times to get to the stadium.  You can see it from everywhere but there's always three bridges and a tunnel between you and it. :) 

Jeanne, I miss Ohio sometimes but not city living, except for the shopping.  I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I miss the occasional snow (a dusting constitutes a snow day here) and summers where you could still breathe outside (the humidity here in TN is downright oppressive).

Jeanne

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 08:55:18 AM »
Yep...I know what you mean about the bridges.  You know the field is there, you can see it, but at every twist and turn you aren't any closer.

I would hate the humidity, cause I don't like it here.

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »
I lived in Hampton Virginia for a few years and they have a 2 mile tunnel that goes under the Chesapeake.  Never failed that people would go into the tunnel at the 55 mph posted liimit but once inside slow to a ridiculous speed until you could see the exit at that point they would zoom out much faster than the speed limit.   :-\

Jeanne

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
 ;D

• View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »
"And now I think we have gotten about as far off topic as we can in this thread."

well as the initiator of this thread, I don't mind at all.  makes me feel saner that we all encounter the same dingbats, and this way we all don't have to be in chat at the same time  :D   :)  :angel:

• View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
Barrel weave only gets me singing "orange barrels" from Bob & Tom...I think that's who sings it...its about road cones & road construction barrels...its worse if you happen to be making AA orange barrel weave...at which point you just want to scream.

oh, I feel your pain.  love to see a pic of the barell in AA orange hint, hint