Author Topic: Warning about polka weave  (Read 6091 times)

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
Warning about polka weave
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »
ok, so it's not the polka weave but the barrel weave.  However there exists the hidden danger that you will find yourself singing the 'beer barrel polka' song in your head the entire time.  I can tell even in my head it's a horrific event.

so here it is the dangerous polka weave in 7/32 copper, I am hoping that since this was my first attempt at the weave the danger will lessen   :o

Jeanne

Re: Warning about polka weave
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:57:34 PM »
That is one great bracelet, but I would hate to hear that song in my head all the time. :-X

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »
Love the bracelet, I'll pass on the polka music :P

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:38:34 PM »
oh that's really cool. 
It just amazes me - these different weaves.

Not sure I'd like hearing the polka thing in my head the entire time - because it would probably take me 5 times (at least) as long do this as it did you! 
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Jeanne

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »
Who stole the kishka?

I'll bite...what is kishka? :-[

Offline youvegotmaille

• View Profile
    • You've Got Maille
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 11:10:12 AM »
Heheh... it's a sausage.  "Who stole the kishka" is a polka classic along with such wonderful titles as "In Heaven There Is No Beer" and "I Don't Want Her, You Can Have Her, She's Too Fat For Me"  (longer than the actual title, but you get the idea), and of course, Beer Barrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmLXrMv4-c&feature=related

Had no idea there were polka music videos.  Polka is fun.   8)  I'm not Polish, but my step-grandfather is, and I'm from Cleveland, so I've done my share of polka-ing!

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 02:28:30 PM »
Heheh... it's a sausage.  "Who stole the kishka" is a polka classic along with such wonderful titles as "In Heaven There Is No Beer" and "I Don't Want Her, You Can Have Her, She's Too Fat For Me"  (longer than the actual title, but you get the idea), and of course, Beer Barrel.

Had no idea there were polka music videos.  Polka is fun.   8)  I'm not Polish, but my step-grandfather is, and I'm from Cleveland, so I've done my share of polka-ing!

Oh good lord polka videos??? I was married to a polish man-every year went to the family reunion in Hamtramck Michigan(quite a polish population) where he grew up-LOTS of polka music and dancing! :o The beer always made it better  ;D

Jeanne

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 08:17:05 PM »

Do you still live in Cleveland?  Thanks for the answer about the kishka.  I don't like Polka music to be honest.

Jeanne

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »
Who stole the kishka?

Now you have me ROFLMAO!  DH would sing it along with you!

From The Burgh, BTW.

You are about an hour from me.  Need info on the best beads shops in the burgh.  Where to go, best buys, etc.

Offline youvegotmaille

• View Profile
    • You've Got Maille
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 09:08:40 AM »

Do you still live in Cleveland?  Thanks for the answer about the kishka.  I don't like Polka music to be honest.

No, I moved four years ago to live here in rural Tennessee.  I like it much better.

Jeanne

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 09:10:55 AM »

No, I moved four years ago to live here in rural Tennessee.  I like it much better.
Not surprising, everyone hates Ohio.   :)  I am here for the long haul.

Jeanne

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 11:46:23 AM »
Who stole the kishka?

Now you have me ROFLMAO!  DH would sing it along with you!

From The Burgh, BTW.

You are about an hour from me.  Need info on the best beads shops in the burgh.  Where to go, best buys, etc.

Yeah, I need info, too, on the best bead shops in the Burgh.  LOL!  I haven't ventured out past Joann's and Michael''s and WalMart, yet.  I'm told there's a store on the South Side (?), but I haven't located the info, yet.  My brother lives in North Huntingdon (3 more turnpike stops from Butler Valley), and there's suppose to be a store there--it was featured in his local news mag.  (Your Beading Heart?  I think that's the name.)
You haven't ventured out?  In the burgh?  Why not? 

Jeanne

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:25 AM »

Not surprising, everyone hates Ohio.   :)  I am here for the long haul.

I don't know.  I have cousins that have been in the Canton area for as long as I can remember.

And technically, I'm not in the Burgh.  About 9 miles outside of it to the north/northeast.

You keep getting farther and farther away.  I was in the Canton area yesterday.  I live outside Sharon, PA.

Jeanne

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »

You keep getting farther and farther away.  I was in the Canton area yesterday.  I live outside Sharon, PA.

I'm about 20 miles south of Butler.

Where are you?  Boardman?  Youngstown?  The church I went to growing up has their camp in Mercer.

And let's see.  Why haven't I ventured out?  There's something you need to know about (most) Pittsburghers.  We don't like to cross rivers or drive threw tunnels if we can avoid it.  So I'm two rivers away from the South Side.  And if it's in the South Hills instead of South Side, that means I have to drive threw a tunnel.  Don't like crossing through the city and through a tunnel.  LOL!  Now if it were here on the north end of things, that would be different.

I hate those tunnels too.  I get lost everytime I come to Pittsburgh.  Never anywhere else.  I live in Brookfield.