Author Topic: Shop Sub-Categories  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Shop Sub-Categories
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »
Hey, can we get some more subcategories under Toys?  I'd like one entitled "patterns," one for "educational toys," and another for "art supplies" or something to that effect.

Thanks!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shop Sub-Categories
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 07:49:57 AM »
Would the art supplies go under handmade supplies? What are you trying to list so I can get an idea and help with the subcategory names. In short I can add whatever we need to add just a little more info would be helpful so I add the right stuff.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:00:42 AM »
It's the dolphin crayons.  I made them, so yes, handmade.  But they're art supplies for the kiddos.  If you can think of a better category heading I'm all for it; I drew a blank.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:20:29 AM »
Well we the handmade supply category. I think they should go there. But I don't want to have a whole bunch of sub-categories so  I'm trying to think of how we should call it. Yeah it's for kiddos, but is it a toy or supply. Not sure.
I'm also trying to think of what other items would fit in that subcategory. If I made a subcategory under handmade supplies for art supplies, what else would be posted there. Not sure.
Thoughts

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »
Yeah, I was trying to think of anything else people would be making that'd fall into that category and didn't come up with anything either.  Maybe they should just be under educational toys too.  Or creative toys?

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:39:59 AM »
My opinion would be to put the patterns under the tutorials category since that is where most would look and add a sub under that as "toys."  As far as crayons, I would agree about adding a sub under toys for the crayons as I wouldn't look in handmade supply for crayons but I would look under toys.  I don't know about calling it art supply though since really crayons are the only thing I would think of that would fall in that category...am I making sense?  I am power baking and my mind is a sugar coated mess right now.  I like the category "educational toys" since that could cover counting blocks and a number of other things.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:03 AM »
I like the educational toys. What about the patterns one, what is that for.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
I was keeping it under wraps, but I'm making a busy book for my nephew's bday.  Very involved and a ton of work, but it's coming out so great.  It'd be a pity to just do it and never use my patterns a things again, but if I made them to sell is have to charge like $200 each and still not make back the time I'm putting in.  So I want to really clean up the patterns, write instructions, and sell the .pdf.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »
There is a Pattern and Tutorial Section here http://handmadeartistsshop.com/category-view/Pattern%20Tutorials%20and%20Kits%20/18 let me know if one of those subcategories work for you. I'm going to go add educational to the toy section now so it will be there is a sec. if you want to fix your items

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
Thanks!  I'll change it tonight when I have my computer.  For the patterns, I'll either put them in the section you suggested or educational toys.  Wait 'til you see this book!

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:49:13 AM »
Larissa the book sounds really cool.

as far as hand made art supplies - hand made paper could be a possibility - I'm not planning on making any - any time soon anyway!  ;)
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com