Business Tips, Tutorials, and Technical Help > Technical Help in Creating

copper solder

(1/1)

Icon jewelleryuk:
Hi all, I am in the UK and I am searching for copper coloured solder wire and cannot seem to find it even online.
I dont mind buying it from the USA if I have too.
Can anyone tell me where online I can get it from?

I need it to solder copper wire to copper sheet but I want the solder to be copper coloured and not silver like normal solder is.

Thanks very much for any help you can give. :)

MichaelaJewelry:
Hi there,

Have you tried Etsy?  I did a search on Etsy here in the States and there are a few shops selling it - this is one of them - http://www.etsy.com/listing/78485202/copper-solder-wire-hard-10-foot-coil?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=copper+soldering+wire&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=supplies.  It's $2.50 for a 10 foot coil 20 gauge and $5 shipping to the UK. Not sure if it's what you're looking for and/or if it's a good price but thought I'd let you know anyway. I've never shopped with HodgePodgerie before but they've got 100% feedback from other customers.  Hope this helps or at least gives you another direction to search.

Margaret

Icon jewelleryuk:
Thankyou Margaret, thats just what I was looking for.. :)

JennCraft:
MichaelaJewelry, Thank you for telling you, I also need it, but according to the link that you sent, the product is not available, please tell me the alternative?

Nárrína:
If the copper solder doesn't work for you, another thing you can do is use silver solder and then put the piece in a contaminated pickle solution. It causes a reaction that will copper plate the solder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version