Author Topic: Blog Banner  (Read 3659 times)

Jeanne

Blog Banner
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
Here we go again.  ;D  We are going to hold a contest for the blog banner.  Please enter your designs here.  Remember, the whole world will see your design.  We'll even give you credit for it on the blog.

Let's see what magic you can create.

Jeanne

ArmoredHearts

Re: Blog Banner
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:13:15 PM »
Jeanne,
What a great contest?
Are there size limits on the Blog banner?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »
The header images that are loaded on the blog now are 1300px × 160px.
I have them turned off right now. So the images should be that size but when you create you banner I would stay away from the edges a bit because the site will modify the look of the page base on peoples monitor sizes and browser

Jeanne

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
I have one request with the banner and please don't take offense...please don't make it pink.  Remember, we are trying to have a unisex forum. 

Thanks,
Jeanne

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »
What do you think of the current color scheme over there now? http://handmadeartistsforum.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 05:41:32 AM »
Some thoughts on criteria for the blog banner. I was messing with our forum banner over there last night and it doesn't work there in my opinion. The title of the blog up top is default . I can move it around though and have it go on top of the picture below the title.
If that makes any sense.

What I'm trying to get at is I think the banner should be  long and narrow with a picture or pictures or drawings of creative work. Say 1300 pix wide and 125pix down to say75pix tall.

If it has any words at all the words should be our tagline "Supporting Handmade" if everyone agrees that's a good tag line. I think it is.

So really this banner contest is simple and difficult in the same breath. So put any of you thoughts in this thread and take a look at the color schemes there and let me know what you think.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 06:30:50 AM »
Some thoughts on criteria for the blog banner. I was messing with our forum banner over there last night and it doesn't work there in my opinion. The title of the blog up top is default . I can move it around though and have it go on top of the picture below the title.
If that makes any sense.

What I'm trying to get at is I think the banner should be  long and narrow with a picture or pictures or drawings of creative work. Say 1300 pix wide and 125pix down to say75pix tall.

If it has any words at all the words should be our tagline "Supporting Handmade" if everyone agrees that's a good tag line. I think it is.

So really this banner contest is simple and difficult in the same breath. So put any of you thoughts in this thread and take a look at the color schemes there and let me know what you think.

When are you going to learn, Andrew, that men are not allowed to pick colors.  If you did we would have all white walls!

Jeanne

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
Is anyone going to submit a banner for the blog?  Andrew, what about you?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
I got to think about it. We might have to do something very minimalistic, I just don't have time right now. We may have  to table it for a while.